Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Retro Core Channel thread

Domspun

Registered
Jun 1, 2019
Wanna take a look around a Japanese electronic store&s games department then head on up to the Taito Station arcade? You bet you do.

I want to know how to play Starwing Paradox. Last time I could only play the tutorial, played it like 3 times. Never figured out how to play the real missons.

Johnny

Gran Turismo Freak
Registered
Jun 7, 2019
AGName
Johnny
AG Join Date
Mar 14, 2004
You've been releasing tons of content recently Yakumo. (y)

Still planning on having GP Rider on Battle of the Ports? I'm still curious of what you think about the differences between each version.

Also, any plans for more MSX content? I wonder if it's easy to find games for it on game stores / hard-off.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
From the beginning (whenever that was)
You've been releasing tons of content recently Yakumo. (y)

Still planning on having GP Rider on Battle of the Ports? I'm still curious of what you think about the differences between each version.

Also, any plans for more MSX content? I wonder if it's easy to find games for it on game stores / hard-off.
GP rider is still on the cards but not this week. This week I want to finish off the chuck trilogy with BC Racing.
I've no plan for more MSX content as of now. The next big one will be the FM Towns.

Reactions: Johnny

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Here we go with a review of the LDK. In this video I show you just what you can expect from the stock firmware and how good the emulation actually is. Many different emulators shown from NES to obscure stuff such as the NEC PC-98 and yes, PlayStation as well.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
We finally reach the end of the Chuck Rock series with BC Racers. A series that started of with a mediocre platformer then improved and what could arguably said ended in a poor racer. But which platform has the best version of this racer? Let's watch on.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
A good game this week on Battle of the Ports as we take a look at Konami's Jackal.

Also, you may have missed the last Life in Japan video

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Way back when these things fist came out I reviewed one. It was okay but nothing amazing. Now we have the all new updated version for 2019 with 2 player support. Is it any better than the original? Let's watch on.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Jim Power was a game released under many names as a new game but in reality it was always the same game with a few changes here and there. Let's take a look at Jim Power across a variety of systems from an 8bit UK home computer port to a Japanese exclusive console release.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
So the other day I had to spend a few days away from home. I was staying in a typical Japanese short stay hotel, sometimes known as business hotels. These are relatively inexpensive and very clean but just how big are they?

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
A little late this week but I think it's worth it as we take a look at Earthworm Jim on this week's Battle of the Ports.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
I've been getting in to the Vasara Collection the last week. Finally I can share my views on it. The game should be available to buy soon.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date

This video was filmed on August 10th 2019 in Hakata City, Fukuoka prefecture. Hakata City is one of Japan's larger cities but unlike Tokyo people here smile a lot more (^o^). Hidden away around the city are many historical buildings which are well preserved. Let's see if we can find some that are literally a stones throw away from the main train station.

KGRAMR

Registered
May 30, 2019
I don't know if you take ideas for future videos for "Battle of the Ports" but just for the hell of it, here are my suggestions for future videos:
#1) Mad Stalker: Full Metal Forth (a.k.a Mad Stalker: Full Metal Force)
#2) Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes
#3) Soulstar
#4) Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure
#5) Robinson's Requiem
#6) Soccer Kid
#7) Doom
#8) Raiden II
#9) Wolfenstein 3D
#10) Road & Track Presents: The Need for Speed
#11) Road Rash
#12) Zool
#13) Zool 2
#14) Brutal Sports Football
#15) Cannon Fodder
#16) Tempest 2000

Last edited:

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
I don't know if you take ideas for future videos for "Battle of the Ports" but just for the hell of it, here are my suggestions for future videos:
#1) Mad Stalker: Full Metal Forth (a.k.a Mad Stalker: Full Metal Force)
#2) Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes
#3) Soulstar
#4) Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure
#5) Robinson's Requiem
#6) Soccer Kid
#7) Doom
#8) Raiden II
#9) Wolfenstein 3D
#10) Road & Track Presents: The Need for Speed
#11) Road Rash
#12) Zool
#13) Zool 3
#14) Brutal Sports Football
#15) Cannon Fodder
Thanks for the ideas, KGRAMR. I do take requests but I get an awful lot. I'll add your suggestions to the list. Sometime in the future you will see some of the videos you've requested :)

Did you know that the original Donkey Kong was meant to be a Popeye game? Yes, it's true but Nintendo couldn't get the license until later.

Oh and a new Made in China video

KGRAMR

Registered
May 30, 2019
Thanks for the ideas, KGRAMR. I do take requests but I get an awful lot. I'll add your suggestions to the list. Sometime in the future you will see some of the videos you've requested :)

Did you know that the original Donkey Kong was meant to be a Popeye game? Yes, it's true but Nintendo couldn't get the license until later.

Oh and a new Made in China video

You learn something new everyday huh... That's a cool factoid!

Reactions: Yakumo

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
To skip to the new gaming set up head to 14:13 in the video.

Reactions: Pinta77

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Rayman was massive or at least in Europe he was. It was the best selling PlayStation game in the UK outselling the likes of GTA and Tomb Raider 1 and 2. These days everyone knows Rayman but not many people talk about the original game any more. Let's take a look at all the available versions. I say available because as always the digital only versions are long gone. That's the DSi and Smartphone versions. Good old digital only releases. Sure it the way forward to making stuff obsolete. Versions such as the PlayStation classics or virtual console type services don't count because they're not ports, just emulated versions of another port.

Reactions: Pinta77 and KGRAMR

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
After waiting for weeks on end for the so called postal situation in Andorra to be sorted, my Mega SD has finally arrived. Is it worth the wait and asking price? Is the Master System FM core actually accurate? Watch on to find out.

Reactions: Pinta77 and Arcadia

Make a donation