AG Join Date
From the beginning (whenever that was)
The weekend is here so that means another Battle of the Ports

Reactions: Pazzard

Pazzard

Hi!
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
Another great video Yakumo! Although I did chuckle that you kept pronouncing "Hostages" like "Sausages" :LOL:

Reactions: Yakumo

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Another great video Yakumo! Although I did chuckle that you kept pronouncing "Hostages" like "Sausages" :LOL:
I must have been hungry when recording the voice over :p

Pazzard

Hi!
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
I must have been hungry when recording the voice over :p
I'm also surprised that not only was there a Super Famicom release, but that it was so bad too, and utilised the stupidscope or mouse? That sounds like it should have been by far the best version, but clearly not.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Ever thought the beloved 16 bit Nintendo console had next to no shooters on it? Well think again. In this 4 part series we will take a look at every commercially available shooter on the system. Part 2 will be released on October 30th 2019

Reactions: MachineCode

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
It's time to take a look at a computer game that was a actually an arcade game first even though it was running on a home computer. Strange. This is the Bitmap Brothers Xenon.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
What do we have here? A plug'n play Mega Drive built in to a joystick? Is it any good I wonder? Let's take a look.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
OK, why not? Let's jump on the Halloween band wagon (admittedly a few days late) with a spooky Battle of the Ports. Here were are taking a look at 4 versions of the Japanese only cult classic, Clock Tower.

Reactions: Spaceman

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Today we are taking a look at the generic PSP looking clone that's been around for a while. Are the more modern versions an improvement upon the original? Let's take a look.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Welcome to the third part of this four part special on the Retro Core Channel where we are taking a look at every single commercially available SFC / SNES shooter released. Please see part 1 for the rules of what classifies as a shooter for this series.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
So, two weeks ago we took a look at Xenon. Now it's time to take a look at Xenon II, a game that may be effected by rose tinted glasses than many others out there.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
There are so many Famicom clones on the market and let's be honest, most are awful. This one however I actually like.

dakidski

Jul 17, 2019
AGName
dakidski
AG Join Date
17/07/2019
Xenon 2 was a nice episode, but you should have had a separate Atari STe segment, as it was optimised for blitter.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
There's an error on this video where the C64 and ZX Spectrum ports are labelled as "Arcade". Sorry. Here's one that you may have never heard of in the arcades but it still managed to get some home ports. Just a shame they're all crap.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
The RG-350 promises many great points. True 60htz screen with v-sync. Glass screen, fast emulation and HDMI video out. Just how good is it? Let's take a look. If you'd like to buy your own RG-350 you can pick one up at TomTop for 85.99 as of this video going live - https://www.tomtop.com/p-f1996b.html

Reactions: Arcadia

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
A game about pigs blowing each other up?

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
The RS-97 is back but this time they may have finally gotten it right.
We now get an all new IPS screen with a true 60Hz refresh rate and it has better performance.
The machine also comes jam packed with roms for every system featured including a few PlayStation games.

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date

Zool was a game Amiga fans loved and even went as far as saying it was the Sonic The Hedgehog killer. Was it? I doubt it but let's take a look. Please think about supporting the show by subscribing to the channel or becoming my patron. Thank you so much! http://www.patreon.com/retrocore Email at [email protected] Facebook - Retro Core BotP Twitter - @RetroCoreYakumo -------------------------------------------------------------------- Times Line 00:23 - Amiga 02:34 - Amiga CD32 04:04 - Acorn Archenemies 05:15 - Atari ST 06:31 - MS DOS 07:56 - Mega Drive 09:55 - Super Famicom / SNES 11:16 - Master System 12:37 - Game Gear 13:54 - Game Boy 15:19 - All versions side by side

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
How on earth can a battery bank be entertaining? Well, let's watch on.

Make a donation