Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

PS2 Review Discs

Kuriatsu

Original poster
May 30, 2019
hey all,

I recently decided to purchase a fingerprinted "confidential" review disc of one of my favourite JRPG series, and I haven't received it yet. I know its likely to be the same as retail, even if this disc is fingerprinted.
But it got me to wondering. What are some review disc situations where they did have more than just retail content? (on ps2 or another console)

edit:
An example of this is that there's a sonic adventure DX disc on hidden palace that apparently has debug.
There's also a sly cooper "review" disc on hidden palace that has various bugs and glitches that aren't in retail.

Kuriatsu

Original poster
May 30, 2019
I was unaware that review discs had press assets sometimes...
Are those on the same partition of the disc or are they usually only readable using a PC usually or are they readable on the consoles too? or how does that work?

supersega

Donator
Donator
Registered
Nov 25, 2019
AGName
supersega
AG Join Date
Jul 25, 2014
You may as well try it in a computer, it's not like it will hurt anything. I also don't imagine it being hidden (intentionally, at least) or hidden on the console, but maybe doing a full dump of the disc may prove helpful. Heck, maybe you'll find some cool desktop backgrounds, like curious minds did when they put their Sonic Adventure GD-ROM into a computer!

Kuriatsu

Original poster
May 30, 2019
You may as well try it in a computer, it's not like it will hurt anything. I also don't imagine it being hidden (intentionally, at least) or hidden on the console, but maybe doing a full dump of the disc may prove helpful. Heck, maybe you'll find some cool desktop backgrounds, like curious minds did when they put their Sonic Adventure GD-ROM into a computer!

I've got a not for resale sonic adventure disc....I should try that sometime....
It'll be dumped before it gets to me, so I'm sure everything will be dumped before I even get it but I'll definitely be dumping my own.
its a confidential material, fingerprinted, serialized review version of the game

Make a donation