Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

XBOX Riddick debug build

itxaka

Original poster
Sep 29, 2020
Hey folks,

I have recently come across an original Xbox debug that was part of Vivendi. Looks like once Vivendi went down and Activision acquired it, they got the consoles and the seller was part of Activision and got the console.

It has been sitting there for a while, so the first thing I did was extract the HDD and there seems to be a (maybe) beta, demo or incomplete version of "The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay" in it.

Somethings that I have observed:

- Icon is different, its much more crude
- Game title is simply "Riddick"
- Some of the text for the game is unencrypted and can be read with any text editor while in the final game it seems to be encrypted
- Some video files are missing
- Most of the levels are missing

Now, I am unable to launch it the debug console, not sure why but it errors out. I tried to debug it with cxbx and it seems to load the levels properly, but unfortunately cxbx crashes while doing so, but it seems to be an emulator issue. I patched the debug console to load all xbe (retail and debug) but still no luck. Havent tried in a retail modded console yet.

I am looking for some help in trying to make this playable somehow to see how is it any different so any help is appreciated.

File can be found at https://archive.org/details/riddick-debug-v-1.00-16-02-2004.7z

Cheers!

Dink

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 30, 2019
It would be a great idea to share the image of the hdd you made as that would be very helpful with tracking down the missing files and potentially any other deleted data still on the kit.

Last edited:
Reactions: HermitTheHog

itxaka

Original poster
Sep 29, 2020
It would be a great idea to share the image of the hdd you made as that would be very helpful with tracking down the missing files and potentially any other deleted data still on the kit.

Oh interesting, I hadn't thought of that! I just extracted the files directly....let me check if I can do an image of the hdd tonight and share it!

Reactions: XBOX

XBOX

Registered
Dec 22, 2019
In main menu press X button.
You will get access to hidden menu:
- Level select
- Test Fight
- Test Facial
etc.
Edit:
Debug menu and other cool suff:
In game: press START button and next X
Screenshots are saved in E:\TDATA\56550026
roJk266.png

9deWtlg.png

ALrVVdo.png

qvef58H.png

eeWMpWy.png

ChBf5EK.png

i0O9xXr.png

Az9Mb5S.png

8SBxl76.png

Last edited:

Dink

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 30, 2019
There's sadly no deleted data on that image. However, as is the case with most Vivendi kits, your kit seems to have been used to run builds off of discs except for the Riddick build for some odd reason. There's leftover saves from when someone was testing other Vivendi published games (Ice Age 2: The Meltdown, Simpsons Hit & Run, 50 Cent: Bulletproof etc).

Reactions: HermitTheHog

Make a donation