• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Site News Rules update & Future of OG

Demon

Super Moderator
Website
www.obscuregamers.com
I've been asked by the potential upcoming owner to update you all regarding the future of OG. At this time I've been asked to stay here as a moderator while he gets to know users more.

I know some of you may have concerns about him taking over, but after personally meeting up with him last Saturday I can confirm he's a great guy. He wants nothing but the best of this community which is something that comforted me.

I'm no longer the owner here, and my roll is limited.

Regarding the recent banning of developer content, This was due to some raids by Rockstar/Take-Two games and Electronic Arts. To protect users it was deemed best to put a temporary ban on this.

ObscureGamers has not been contacted by any of these companies personally. This was more a precaution.

Good news, This ban is now lifted and we now have some new rules to go with it.

1. Any developer content posted here must be legally purchased, This cannot include content that is stolen/hacked from company's.
  2. All content must be 5 years and older, The only exception to this is if the servers for the game are still online it cannot be shared here.
  3. Current Gen developer content/hardware is not allowed to be sold/traded/posted. (News is ok!)
  4. Rockstar/Take-Two games developer content is not allowed to be sold/traded/posted no matter how old.
  5. Developer content by Electronic Arts is not allowed unless it's older then 5th generation. This means no PS2/PS3/PSVita/PS4/Xbox/Xbox 360/Xbox One/Switch.
All posts will be restored over the coming days that are allowed on ObscureGamers.

Hopefully you will understand the reasons to doing this, This also affects other websites however they aren't commenting on it. It's best to avoid any content by Rockstar/Take-Two/Electronic Arts at this time for your own protection.

ShadyNine

Not A Dev Kit Owner
I've been asked by the potential upcoming owner to update you all regarding the future of OG. At this time I've been asked to stay here as a moderator while he gets to know users more.

I know some of you may have concerns about him taking over, but after personally meeting up with him last Saturday I can confirm he's a great guy. He wants nothing but the best of this community which is something that comforted me.

I'm no longer the owner here, and my roll is limited.

Regarding the recent banning of developer content, This was due to some raids by Rockstar/Take-Two games and Electronic Arts. To protect users it was deemed best to put a temporary ban on this.

ObscureGamers has not been contacted by any of these companies personally. This was more a precaution.

Good news, This ban is now lifted and we now have some new rules to go with it.

1. Any developer content posted here must be legally purchased, This cannot include content that is stolen/hacked from company's.
  2. All content must be 5 years and older, The only exception to this is if the servers for the game are still online it cannot be shared here.
  3. Current Gen developer content/hardware is not allowed to be sold/traded/posted. (News is ok!)
  4. Rockstar/Take-Two games developer content is not allowed to be sold/traded/posted no matter how old.
  5. Developer content by Electronic Arts is not allowed unless it's older then 5th generation. This means no PS2/PS3/PSVita/PS4/Xbox/Xbox 360/Xbox One/Switch.
All posts will be restored over the coming days that are allowed on ObscureGamers.

Hopefully you will understand the reasons to doing this, This also affects other websites however they aren't commenting on it. It's best to avoid any content by Rockstar/Take-Two/Electronic Arts at this time for your own protection.
So everything about the builds of Crysis 3 is now inaccessible to the public since you took it down or whatnot? There's no way to make it available again at all? I mean the owner had posted several screenshots that I don't think are up anymore... I'm kinda bummed, wish there'd been a heads up or I woulda screenshotted em.

Morphicsn0w

Staff member
Administrator
Dev Kit Owner
So everything about the builds of Crysis 3 is now inaccessible to the public since you took it down or whatnot? There's no way to make it available again at all? I mean the owner had posted several screenshots that I don't think are up anymore... I'm kinda bummed, wish there'd been a heads up or I woulda screenshotted em.
In all honesty, it depends on the outcome of the current situation. If nothing comes of it, I see no issue with restoring such content.