Welcome to the Obscure Gamers!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Guest , A new look for OG has been released with both dark and light styles, to change please check out the left hand side of the footer to change.
    Dismiss Notice

Featured WiiU Salt CFW for the Nintendo Wii U

Discussion in 'Nintendo Modding' started by Demon, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Demon

This is an exclusive release that was donated to us. Please use at your own risk!

To be able to get Emunand to work you need to make sure you have the following now keep in mind this is all from memory if it doesn't work then try something else.

Black Wii U's MUST have a 64 GB SD Card
    White Wii U's MUST have a 16 GB SD Card

Okay so as far as I know this process works on 5.5.2 not a problem.
    If you are on 5.5.2 please use Haxchi
    If you are on 5.5.1 you are a good boy just use the web browser xploit

5.5.2 Users please uninstall CBHC It will and might interfer with Salts Code never tested this myself but I wouldn't "yolo" it. But make sure you have Haxchi installed.

5.5.1 Users again as above but I wouldn't worry about it if you dont have Haxchi or not.

Finally we can begin.

1. Grab Ram_disk dump_import.img and back it up (This is Minute and Minute is the "key" reason why this is possible.) Rename it to fw.img (do not delete or overright the
    original fw.img this is needed.) To clear confusion I will mention this new renamed fw.img to Minute.

2. Put minute on the root of your sd card.

3. On your SD card grab IOS.elf and go to your apps folder and make a folder if you want if not just put it in apps.

4. Alright so from here on out you WILL have to do a full backup of your sd card because minute will format the sd card and partition the Wii U frimware on the SD Card.

5. Once you made a backup of your sd card you should have everything on the SD card at this point in time.

6. Now for 5.5.2 users use haxchi to get into HBL. 5.5.1 users use the web browser to get into HBL and boot IOS.elf Make sure you have your gamepad on as your TV will
    print out some information that isn't key to installing this the menu for Minute will be on the game pad and that is what you need to look at. The controls are as follows
    Power Buton is to scroll down and Eject is to select.

7. Once in Minute click format redNand and follow the on screen instructions. Now you cannot use a 16 GB sd card on the black wii u it will check and error out. Same thing
    for the White Wii U for 64 GB although I haven't tested this myself if it errors that may be why.

8. This process will take sometime but you should know when it finishes and once that finishes power your wii u down through minute.

9. Plug your SD card in your PC and you will noticed things are either deleted or just gone in general this is why we made a back up. Just put all your files back on the
    SD card.

10. Grab the already named FW.img (not minute) and kernel.img and drag them to the root of the SD Card.

11. Now plug the SD card into your Wii U and power it on launch IOS.elf from HBL it should restart the wii u like minute did but this time your gamepad screen will turn red
    and you will see text that shows its booting

12. Now if you get to the Wii U menu congrats! But wait we are not done yet. Since this version of Salt doesn't tell you that you are on Emunand you should (dont have to)
    make a folder on your wii u called Emunand or whatever tells you you are on Emunand. Once you did this restart the wii u and turn it on if you do not see the folder you just
    made then you installed it correctly now boot into EmuNand and you should see that folder you already made. Now you may celebrate! Congrats you are now on EmuNand!

Some things to note:
    Do not change your Wii U's date this will brick your EmuNand if you happen to brick EmuNand at anytime just follow these steps again.SysNAND will not or should not be effected
    Your save progress will be transfered over and any other thing that was installed on your sysNand at the time of copying it over.
    Do not try to extend the Storage partition this will again brick emunand.
    You do not have do sig patches as Salt CFW will do that already booting into it.
    Do not use any other elf booters besides the one I used as those are poorly coded and may result into a buggy EmuNand and or a possible not being able to install.
    Please use System Config Tool when installing games as this is official Nintendo development software and will ensure a safe install.

I am not responsable for any bricks and same with the Owner of Obscure Gamers. Use this at your own risk.

Download:
    Hidden Content:
    You must reply before you can see the hidden data contained here.
    Happy Halloween!

2. citrus3000psi

citrus3000psi Member

Better late then never. Wonder what advantage this has over the already existing stuff. I'm not using emunand, just sysnand with sigpatches.

3. pwsincd

pwsincd Member

interested in the true exclusivity of this seeing as its been on github since May.

4. ZeroShift

ZeroShift Member

Curious to see how this works

5. Demon

I was told this was private, I’m sadly not home so will look when home.

6. Whovian9369

Whovian9369 Member

I'm honestly kinda curious about this cuz it looks weird and interesting, so thanks!

7. fill4live

fill4live Member

really need this

8. fate6

fate6 Lolita Dress Collector
    Gold Member

Unless this has vWii working then its not as good as Mocha but if this was from last year then it makes sense.

9. creatable_

creatable_ Member

Gonna download this for later. Thanks!

10. Gainz

Gainz Member

nice, thanks

11. Akira Allard-Shiau

12. system2

system2 Member

13. JojoJOjO

JojoJOjO Member

Wow thats a double

14. Reminon

Reminon Member

To each their own, and I respect other's decisions on what cfw they want to use, but I still see no reason to use anything other than CBHC. Aside from maybe the cost of a VC game being a deterrent.

15. WulfyStylez

WulfyStylez Member

Heyo, SALT dev here. Not gonna ask for a takedown or anything, no worries. This is likely an ancient build from mere weeks after we achieved iosuhax. It's extremely out of date as most of the features we ended up bringing to our firmwares, launcher, vwii, ppc homebrew, etc were never pushed to branches outside of SALT ourselves because of leak concerns. There's quite a few solid months of work missing; quite frankly there's more missing than there is implemented.
    Basically, we had tried to share work with another group who were nearing completion of their own entrypoint so we wouldn't step on toes/waste time, but the work didn't really lead anywhere since they didn't want to contribute much and it felt like we were always handholding >__> ...anyway, I hear people have been trading this code around for quite some time now, so at least nobody can act like they're better than others for having someone else's work lmfao.

Honestly it'd be nice to boil our latest internal versions into something ultra clean and publicly releasable, but that's quite a lot of time investment needed for the Wii U whereas we've had our sights set elsewhere for a while now. It's not off the table tho, and if nothing gets done in the long term I'll look into open-sourcing the various repos eventually.

tl;dr extremely old and only notable if you're interested in wii u hax history or whatever.

EDIT: Looked at this build - it's definitely based on our extremely early code and it's missing the suite of tools that's supposed to go with it. Plus some randoms have hacked in their own features and NOT included the source!! What a mess.
    I'd stay away from this because of that (you should really only run console hax you have source for), but also because this fork (we called it improved-spoon, originally end-the-suffering) has some severe bugs. These include slc corruption issues and mlc caching still being enabled (this will thrash the hell out of your SD card and kill it before long - i think public CFWs still have this issue).

DeChief, Jakeeenator, charels and 4 others like this.
  16. confusedninja

confusedninja Member

17. XboxSurgeon

XboxSurgeon Banned Rebel Scum
    Gold Member

18. curtisy1

curtisy1 Member

Interesting

19. fact

fact Member

very interesting

20. HexDecimal