Saturn Saturn Satiator Progress Thread

XL2

Registered
Jun 26, 2019
AGName
XL2
AG Join Date
20-07-2017
I didn't watch the videos much, as what made NO sense to me was why he was playing Master System games? Who cares! Fire up the games we're actually going to run. It's unfortunate that beta testing was done more based on contribution to Patreon, to some extent. That being said, the hardware is most likely finalized anyway, so once this device finally gets sold, then the masses will find all the bugs, report them, and the Prof will likely fix them without much fuss.
The "master system" games you are talking about it probably when he was play testing vbt's FBA ports, which probably allowed the author to fix some bugs.

And honestly guys I don't get all the negativity and complaining here.
It's not like anybody here was forced to watch the video, and it's not like the author of the video won't see these comments either, so I don't see the point.
He showcases the Satiator and takes the time to make a video and also he also does live playtesting of some homebrew projects.
Personaly it's the first time I see the Satiator in action so it's quite nice to see it.

Reactions: Americandad

FamilyGuy

2049 Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
-=FamilyGuy=-
AG Join Date
March 3, 2007
Beyond this, was there anything else over the course of that stream you could describe as significant?
It's working and close to completion.

Tongara

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
Tongara
AG Join Date
Sep 23, 2009
The "master system" games you are talking about it probably when he was play testing vbt's FBA ports, which probably allowed the author to fix some bugs.

And honestly guys I don't get all the negativity and complaining here.
It's not like anybody here was forced to watch the video, and it's not like the author of the video won't see these comments either, so I don't see the point.
He showcases the Satiator and takes the time to make a video and also he also does live playtesting of some homebrew projects.
Personaly it's the first time I see the Satiator in action so it's quite nice to see it.
I mean, we're allowed to comment on the video. If you put your stuff out publicly, then expect comments on it.

It was cool for sure seeing the Satiator up and running finally, and I can't wait to see it progress from here until it's final form. Some of us just happened to find the person who was testing it a bit annoying, and found some of the things he said to be kind of odd. No one was, as far as I can see, overly mean about the guy or are going out of their way to target him, so like... who cares if he can see the comments? Harassment is one thing, but this...? Meh.

I didn't mind him testing the Master System games, personally.

It's working and close to completion.
This.

Greg2600

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
I'm watching ReEnthused (Twitch) and he's testing a new fix for FMV. Seems the FMV skipping is fixed though sound effects are a bit laggy (could be his capture card).

Reactions: almmiron

Greg2600

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
We (ReEnthused) take another look at the Satiator after updating to the newest firmware.

Firmware 73:
Fixes FMV stuttering
Speeds up menu loading when there are lots of files
Adds page switching with shoulder buttons
First attempts at implementing audio indexing

Greg2600

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
nope. supposed to be a new firmware soon, but that's all I've seen.

Reactions: dcsw2k7

Greg2600

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
The Prof put out an update on March 26 but I'm not on his Patreon so I can't read it.

JackalSpat

Jun 2, 2019
The Prof put out an update on March 26 but I'm not on his Patreon so I can't read it.
Not a ton of specifics, he basically goes into all of the reasons things have been delayed--The Aussie Wildfires, now Covid-19, etc. but assures everyone that the last major hurdles to production have been overcome, and that "in the not too distant future" people will be able to get their hands on a Satiator. He also states that he's not doing pre-orders, but there will be an orderly system that will allow patreon backers the first crack at purchasing.

If I had to speculate, I'd guess we're looking at Summer at the earliest.

Reactions: Greg2600

almmiron

Aug 9, 2019
AGName
almmiron
AG Join Date
march 25 / 2015
Kind of news:

Alternative saturn .img loader (ode):

terraonion MODE (works on saturn and dreamcast with the same device, no soldering!)

Hope satiator go cheap like U$ 80~100

haliway

Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
This project is really awesome. That´s what i was waiting for for a very long time.

haliway

Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
Kind of news:

Alternative saturn .img loader (ode):

terraonion MODE (works on saturn and dreamcast with the same device, no soldering!)

Hope satiator go cheap like U$ 80~100

Where do you see that Terranion Mode already supports Saturn and Dreamcast ?

bart_simpson

Aug 10, 2019
AGName
bart_simpson
AG Join Date
13/05/11
When will these be for preorder if anyone know's likeing the idea of this one :)

Greg2600

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
Where do you see that Terranion Mode already supports Saturn and Dreamcast ?

It works on both systems, that was a big part of the announcement.

When will these be for preorder if anyone know's likeing the idea of this one :)

There's been zero information in regards of how to purchase the Satiator. The last update a few weeks ago, I'm told, dealt with potential production delays from COVID-19.

Greg2600

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
So with the PCB and Case manufacturing I guess sorted out, shouldn't be too much longer before retail production can commence. I finally saw what Prof. wrote back in April, which made reference that assembly will occur in California, with a small run of 100 for testing. They have the test rig there, and once those pass, he will order 1000. PCB and the below injected molded case will come from China, while the boxes also are printed in USA. So I would expect another update about the boxes, the first 100 batch testing, and also his pre-order site. Being that the units may be shipped out of the USA, those in the EU are already aghast at what kind of import cost they'll be stuck with. One last thing is that Patreon supporters will get first dibs, and right now he's got over 1200 of them, which could possibly account for the entire "first run" that he wrote about in April.

These are the first samples off the tool – and they’ll be the last. Thanks to the expertise of my US manufacturing partner and the toolmaker, they fit perfectly first time; the tool does not need revision. I’m ordering production parts right now.

satiator2-768x562.jpg

satiator1-2048x994.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: FamilyGuy

Make a donation