Here are some links you may find helpful

Saturn Saturn Satiator Progress Thread

8bitplus

Registered
Jun 6, 2019
AGName
8bitplus
AG Join Date
My fear is that he'll finally get something together for sale, will get thousands of pre-orders and melt down!
That is a concern. It would be hard to make and organise thousands of these devices, but that where the mass production systems help. All production, testing and assembly will most likely be done for him. Order management will be the only hard thing to start with. Later when things settle down ordering from stock should be very easy and quick.

Greg2600

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
I believe his intention was to work with regional suppliers, as he's way down in Australia. So let's say Stone Age Gamer wants to sell these, they can order 500 that would ship from the factory. They would then have the means to test the carts thoroughly, assemble in cases, and sell/ship to customers.

Reactions: dcsw2k7

8bitplus

Registered
Jun 6, 2019
AGName
8bitplus
AG Join Date
Sound like a good business plan to me. Less hassle and stress for him dealing with supply and demand. There will be less profit though, but its not his main income/business and it will leave him more time to work on firmware and software improvements hopefully.

I wonder how things are going with the fancy menu and front end that was mentioned here:

We haven't heard anything of that since then. I thought it looked great, but I also like the simple menu list too.

Reactions: FamilyGuy

Greg2600

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
We haven't heard anything of that since then. I thought it looked great, but I also like the simple menu list too.

I too felt his menu was fine, but he's said it will be open source, so anyone with the inclination can design their own 3rd party menu.

Greg2600

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
Unfortunately I can't really give any, as I'm not paying his patreon to see them. Hasn't been a post in a month anyway.

8bitplus

Registered
Jun 6, 2019
AGName
8bitplus
AG Join Date
No news that I'm aware of. I don't think we will get any news this year anyway.
People in the Patreon comments still asking the same things; "when's it out, how much and can I have a beta unit please?" lol"

Tongara

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
Tongara
AG Join Date
Sep 23, 2009
1576728056885.png
1576728119870.png
Seems like the prototypes are shipping~

Also
1576728373792.png
Potential release info~
1576728494981.png
Pricing discussion

1576728629723.png
And some confirmation about them being available regularly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greg2600

Greg2600

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
Wow, thanks for posting, though again it's bizarre this is not coming from the source. You'd think he'd want people to know. Anyhow, I think the hardware/software will be near rock solid, yes. Availability should be in fairly large numbers if his past talk is to be believed. Also strange that he sent so many, possibly all the betas, to one guy for testing.

8bitplus

Registered
Jun 6, 2019
AGName
8bitplus
AG Join Date
I was thinking that too... Dale must be sending them on to the the other testers next.
What's the little grey tab on the back of the unit? Is it for pulling the Satiator out of the Saturn when installed? Is it just me or does it double as a second micro SD card storage slot??

Greg2600

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
The tab must be for easy removal from the system. That's actually pretty cool.

Greg2600

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
Beta Testing Playthrough...

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
Does this thing require the system to be modded for it to work?

Tongara

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
Tongara
AG Join Date
Sep 23, 2009
Beta Testing Playthrough...

Nice to see it up and running, but my god, the person in the video is really annoying.

Hope they can fix those bugs before full release.

Reactions: Allie

Allie

The Original VF3 Fangirl™
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Anthaemia.
AG Join Date
June 4, 2004
I'm not usually one to speak ill of anybody, but I had to skip through that video with the sound muted because of that guy's sheer ignorance to certain subjects. First of all, despite his comments, the Sonic World portion of Sonic Jam did end up becoming a standalone game, since this was technically an early prototype for Sonic Adventure - a fact that's clearly lost on some out there. Also, the negative remarks about Sonic Jam's relatively minor audio and slowdown issues made a mountain out of a molehill. As the first part of the "Project Sonic" campaign to reintroduce Sega's mascot to primarily a Japanese audience (where he was never originally that successful) ahead of Sonic Adventure's arrival, which also included Sonic R, I always got the impression that Sonic Team put a huge amount of effort into Sonic Jam, so to hear someone dismissing this as a bad port screams of entitlement from someone who doesn't appreciate the technical reasons behind what amount to very small problems, such as brief pauses whenever new music files need to be accessed.

Furthermore, it's just laughable that he marvels at the quality of those high resolution images in the Sonic World gallery, when in reality such a visual standard was quite common on the Saturn. On a related note, who hasn't experienced a nightmare or two with switching resolutions between different scenes if trying to run a Saturn via modern day capture equipment? Adding insult to injury, he seems completely oblivious to Daytona USA Championship Circuit Edition not being the same as AM2's initial conversion, perhaps best evidenced by his preference for the vocal soundtrack over its remixed counterpart. If the poor person responsible ever reads this message, I can only apologise in advance! My words are intended as educational and constructive criticism rather than just knocking someone for the sake of it. Now, back to my usual positive self!

P.S. I'm curious to see if the Croc glitch can somehow be addressed, as that's nothing new to anyone who's ever tried playing this game on real hardware. Beyond this, was there anything else over the course of that stream you could describe as significant?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tongara

Tongara

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
Tongara
AG Join Date
Sep 23, 2009
I'm not usually one to speak ill of anybody, but I had to skip through that video with the sound muted because of that guy's sheer ignorance to certain subjects. First of all, despite his comments, the Sonic World portion of Sonic Jam did end up becoming a standalone game, since this was technically an early prototype for Sonic Adventure - a fact that's clearly lost on some out there. Also, the negative remarks about Sonic Jam's relatively minor audio and slowdown issues made a mountain out of a molehill. As the first part of the "Project Sonic" campaign to reintroduce Sega's mascot to primarily a Japanese audience (where he was never originally that successful) ahead of Sonic Adventure's arrival, which also included Sonic R, I always got the impression that Sonic Team put a huge amount of effort into Sonic Jam, so to hear someone dismissing this as a bad port screams of entitlement from someone who doesn't appreciate the technical reasons behind what amount to very small problems, such as brief pauses whenever new music files need to be accessed.

Furthermore, it's just laughable that he marvels at the quality of those high resolution images in the Sonic World gallery, when in reality such a visual standard was quite common on the Saturn. On a related note, who hasn't experienced a nightmare or two with switching resolutions between different scenes if trying to run a Saturn via modern day capture equipment? Adding insult to injury, he seems completely oblivious to Daytona USA Championship Circuit Edition not being the same as AM2's initial conversion, perhaps best evidenced by his preference for the vocal soundtrack over its remixed counterpart. If the poor person responsible ever reads this message, I can only apologise in advance! My words are intended as educational and constructive criticism rather than just knocking someone for the sake of it. Now, back to my usual positive self!

P.S. I'm curious to see if the Croc glitch can somehow be addressed, as that's nothing new to anyone who's ever tried playing this game on real hardware. Beyond this, was there anything else over the course of that stream you could describe as significant?
All of your complaints match mine. Haha

Also, I've read somewhere that a fix for the Croc issue has already been found by the Dev.

Greg2600

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
I didn't watch the videos much, as what made NO sense to me was why he was playing Master System games? Who cares! Fire up the games we're actually going to run. It's unfortunate that beta testing was done more based on contribution to Patreon, to some extent. That being said, the hardware is most likely finalized anyway, so once this device finally gets sold, then the masses will find all the bugs, report them, and the Prof will likely fix them without much fuss.

Make a donation