Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Section ideas?

Original poster
Seeing as the sites relaunched what sort of sections do people wish?

If AG does go down we need something that is familiar to users and keeping it simple at the same time.

pato

Registered
Jan 20, 2019
Console dev (PS4, Xbox, Nintendo, Sega n etc)
Arcade
Repair/Mod
Beta/Unreleased games
Rare/Obscure gaming
Fundraisers
Downloads
Collections
Marketplace (WTB, sales, price check)
Site Help (Donations, issues and etc)
Living in X country (IMO mostly optional, based on Living in Japan section)
Off-topic and memes (or both together, or if you want, even add categories as Music, Movies, Vehicles and etc)

Reactions: Doomtrain and 1

Riley541

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jan 23, 2019
Beta talk
Downloads
Collections
Repair
Tutorials
General gaming
Off topic
Marketplace
Xbox 360 development
PS3 development

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

Zeigren

Registered
May 3, 2019
www.zeigren.com
AGName
Zeigren
AG Join Date
01/19/2014
I think having separate console sections for each console that has sold x number of units would be good, then use catchalls for those that don't make the cutoff. Catchalls could be by manufacturer or by type such as arcade, home, handheld, etc..

I've always been a bit torn by having the modding and repair sections, since that means everything is lumped together instead of being tied to the relevant device. But at the same time people like to look at just the repairs and modding since that's what they're into. Is there a way to have a section that just pulls anything with the relevant tag? That way those posts can both exist in the relevant device section but also be view able in a more generic section? This could be used for a lot of different things and would make it easier for users since they wouldn't need to check multiple different sections on the off chance that something shows up that is relevant to their device of interest. Sections that aggregate content could be locked to enforce posting in the relevant device section. Example I post a unreleased Dreamcast game in the Dreamcast section, but it is also view able from a generic unreleased games section.

Reactions: MachineCode and 1

MonkeyBoyJoey

Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
MonkeyBoyJoey
AG Join Date
March 1, 2015
I like the ideas tossed around in here. Do not forget that we need a section for memes and whatnot to keep that low in other sections. Could we also have a section dedicated to RGB and professional video equipment for games and other applications?

Original poster
I like the ideas tossed around in here. Do not forget that we need a section for memes and whatnot to keep that low in other sections. Could we also have a section dedicated to RGB and professional video equipment for games and other applications?

Funny enough that was the first thing me and Morphic discussed, we're planning to add a "Boiler Room" where offtopic/memes etc can be unleashed.

For the rest, I've decided to streamline what is most talked about on AG, copying a few ideas from there layout wise. Each section will have a prefix for the system type once I add them all. Still a rushed job this is. Not even 6 hours work put in o_O

MonkeyBoyJoey

Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
MonkeyBoyJoey
AG Join Date
March 1, 2015
Funny enough that was the first thing me and Morphic discussed, we're planning to add a "Boiler Room" where offtopic/memes etc can be unleashed.

Perhaps No Man's Land would be a better term. Turn the name of that into a meme so it is easily identified.

BetaGuy64

Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
BetaGuy64
AG Join Date
July 19th, 2014
A free stuff + shipping section would be cool for trash that might be useful to other people. A DIY section would be another cool thing for people to show off their stuff.

Reactions: Pinta77

Gameboi64

Resident game "reviewer"
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Gameboi64
AG Join Date
Jan 30, 2015
A review section, of course, but that's already a given. Maybe, I might not be the only person this time.

Reactions: Pinta77

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
What if we took a poll to see what games people currently play and if there's enough, make sections for certain games that are popular within the community? For example, I think I saw another user say he plays Phantasy Star Online and I do too. It could keep things fresh if popular enough.

PixelCrunch

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jul 30, 2018
Donations
£1.00
On a total side note, but whatever software this forum uses is killer. I love the setup, feel, and sidebar. Awesome job!
It's Xenforo. A little tricky to set up, but very effective once it's done and dusted. :)

• Love
Reactions: BennyBgood

SuperH

Registered
May 30, 2019
I noticed a 3DO M2 post is in a ‘misc’ section. 3DO deserves its own section doesn’t it? Or is it coming just misc is interim??

Reactions: Taiji_mods

Make a donation