Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

MCD Sega Multimega Black Screen

Alaziel

Original poster
Apr 30, 2022
hello,

I have in my possession for more than 10 years a sega Multimega .
but the console no longer works.
the problems are as follows.

- in cartridge mode ( black screen after the TMSS screen) small accuracy the TMSS does not display all the time at startup.

-in CD mode simply no display (no bios) the CD turns 2/3s when the machine is switched on and off.

-signal detected on TV exclude MB3514 video encoder?
-all tracks checked around IC1, IC9,IC5,IC14.

-Audio CD mode works without sound problems via headphone output and playback ok

nitelich

Registered
Jun 14, 2021
Have the console's capacitors been replaced? Any other modwork been done? Can you open the console and show a pic of its PCB?

I don't know about the CDX/MultiMega specifically, but I have a few Genesis variants whose caps went bad. I know the 1st model Sega CD is prone to capacitor-related failures.

Alaziel

Original poster
Apr 30, 2022
Have the console's capacitors been replaced? Any other modwork been done? Can you open the console and show a pic of its PCB?

I don't know about the CDX/MultiMega specifically, but I have a few Genesis variants whose caps went bad. I know the 1st model Sega CD is prone to capacitor-related failures.
Hello

Yes all capacitors are replaced for the MD board.
no mods.
The only thing I didn’t check all the voltages on the power board.
I saw a video recently where the oscillator might be involved ( no image)

nitelich

Registered
Jun 14, 2021
Yeah, the caps and the coin cell battery both look great. There is one leg of X2 that doesn't look soldered down (at least on the side pictured; could very well be soldered on the back side since its thru-hole), but I am not super-familiar with CDX/MultiMega compared to standard Sega CD models.

There is a fairly lengthy thread of Sega CD and all-in-one unit debugging over on Sega-16. This page specifically talks about one CDX debugging that is vaguely close to your issue. That thread is still pretty active to this day, so you might want to cross-post there if no one else here has ideas.

Reactions: liana_s

Make a donation