Another fundraiser..

This fundraiser is multiple lots we have been offered for our museum, most of these are extremely early systems, and many contain unreleased games and history that would other wise be lost.

The goal for this is split into groups, we have awhile to sort this one and lots would be paid as funded. The total includes paypal fee's added and shipping costs included excluding taxes, we put 10% as we're often charged different rates depending on donators locations.
Goal
£3,570.00
Received
£666.36
Latest donor
P ProtonX
18%
Custom LBP Developer PS3 containing multiple unreleased games, and multiple alpha builds.
£1,300.00
An early prototype PlayStation 3 dev Kit, in an early shell design which includes a disc filled with build(s? exact contents unknown)
£1,230.00
Misc Nintendo systems.
£500.00
The above prices doesn't include paypal fees, please see goal amount for total with 10% added for fee's we're charged.
£0.00
Expenses
Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

MD Sega Nomad brightness control sensitive

Vixenko

Original poster
Registered
Jul 4, 2019
AGName
Sheimi
AG Join Date
Jul 9, 2014
On my Sega Nomad. The brightness control is very sensitive. When I touch the brightness control, it will either get very bright or get very dark. I have to play around with it to get it stable. I am unable to provide pictures of the internals because I lack the 4.5mm tool. Thinking of replacing the screen. It's got that yellowish tint20210114_072008.jpg

segasonicfan

Registered
Jun 8, 2019
AGName
segasonicfan
AG Join Date
Sept 23, 2011
Ive seen as problem a number of times over the years. Seems to happen when people set their Nomad down on a hard surface, which can impact the knobs overtime.

This is a classic indication of a failing wiper blade on the resistive element inside the knob. Hard to repair, but you might be able to find a replacement that works well enough.

Alterac

Apr 24, 2021
I need to dig up the photos, but the parts you need to replace this are:
Nomad Contrast/Brightness - 50 K Linear - B503 - 3 or 4 pin - Single Wiper - 1 Turn. 16mm x ~2-2.5mm

You will have to bend the legs a bit on the new potentiometer, but its pretty drop in relpacement after that.

Reactions: dcsw2k7

segasonicfan

Registered
Jun 8, 2019
AGName
segasonicfan
AG Join Date
Sept 23, 2011
Reactions: Vixenko

Another fundraiser..

This fundraiser is multiple lots we have been offered for our museum, most of these are extremely early systems, and many contain unreleased games and history that would other wise be lost.

The goal for this is split into groups, we have awhile to sort this one and lots would be paid as funded. The total includes paypal fee's added and shipping costs included excluding taxes, we put 10% as we're often charged different rates depending on donators locations.
Goal
£3,570.00
Received
£666.36
Latest donor
P ProtonX
18%
Custom LBP Developer PS3 containing multiple unreleased games, and multiple alpha builds.
£1,300.00
An early prototype PlayStation 3 dev Kit, in an early shell design which includes a disc filled with build(s? exact contents unknown)
£1,230.00
Misc Nintendo systems.
£500.00
The above prices doesn't include paypal fees, please see goal amount for total with 10% added for fee's we're charged.
£0.00
Expenses