Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

SEGA Pluto Prototype (Hands-On Review and Ben Heck Repair)

A Murder of Crows

Registered
Sep 1, 2019
AGName
A Murder of Crows
AG Join Date
Mar 1, 2007
Some photos

IMG_20211128_182444.jpg
IMG_20211128_182433.jpg

Getta Robo

Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
Getta Robo
AG Join Date
Sep 29, 2008
Yeah, adam brought it over to my place and i made a dump of the hard drive. completely blank, not even old partition information existed on it.

we also attempted to get several carts to be recognized. nothing with a bootloader on it that we were willing to try (such as the gamer's cart) would work. we got Marvel Super Heroes (US original) to boot and recognize my 1mb/4mb switched cart and i sent that with him along with a JVC/Victor MPEG card. also lightly installed a Phantom universal into the unit (no solder so it can be easily removed, replaced, or reinstalled if needed) and tried booting up japanese games with the region changed to US, which did work.

Thank you so much for everything you've done - this is a huge deal for so many people.
Just being curious, were you able to also extract the bios? If yes, would it be please possible to share it as well?

Druid II

Registered
Jun 5, 2019
Thank you so much for everything you've done - this is a huge deal for so many people.
Just being curious, were you able to also extract the bios? If yes, would it be please possible to share it as well?

From what I remember, from seeing the board images, the bios was the stock vanilla US rom (MPR-17941 visible on the video).

Reactions: Getta Robo

Make a donation