Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Jackhead
AG Join Date
April 3, 2008
Hi!

IMG_1044.JPG IMG_1045.JPG IMG_1042.JPG IMG_1053.JPG IMG_1055.JPG

here i like to share and compare documentation and Software tools from the development of the Super Famicom/Super Nintendo.

So this thread is also for collecting all SNES/SFC Dev docs and software out there.
If someone join us and like to share here, feel free...

Some other IS stuff is maybe comming soon also with docs.

Here you can find my folder of SNES/SFC dev programms and tools. Its include anything you need for the Debugger and Sound part of developing on offical hardware! It also plays no role what devkit you have. The Emulator SE has all three IS-Kits in one case. Any IS unit has a full debugger also. If you need any help with setup, feel free to ask here.

If you have something i missed and you like to share please let me know!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super Famicom / Super Nintendo Development Files and Tools

Virtual Boy SDK that is leaked before + IS-Sound files. Im still looking for the IS-Character Files to complete this!:

sdev.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IS-SOUND Manual (171 pages) PDF :

Converted to ENG RAW with Yandex translate (PDF):

IS-CHARACTER Manual (44 pages) PDF:

Converted to ENG RAW with Yandex translate (PDF):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TUME and Emulator-SE Files:

Last edited:

HI_RICKY

Donator
Donator
Registered
Mar 21, 2019
AGName
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
thank you very much~ ?

any software for it ?

Last edited:

Jackhead

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Jackhead
AG Join Date
April 3, 2008
I shared the software before on asg, you have it ;).
can you help me with page 5? There is a diagramm showing the IS-SOUND with the setup:

issound.jpg

Can anyone please tell me about the midi part? What is written in the Midi box?
I understand there is left/right the scsi connection to host pc for the debugger. Any IS Kit has the debugger and RAM board.
So the differents is the third board of a IS Kit .

The Emulator-SE is a compare of the IS-Debugger with 16MB RAM, IS-Sound and IS-Character.

The IS-Sound has 16MB RAM. What i know the Emulator-SE also. Only the IS-Debugger has 24MB. There banks free for up to 32MB.
So the Midi and Audio (chinch) connector on the IS-SOUND are inputs ?
So i can connect for example a Roland MC-202 - 909 as sequencer over midi to create 8bit sounds, that would be lot of fun..

Last edited:

Jackhead

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Jackhead
AG Join Date
April 3, 2008
thank you very much! I wonder what sequencer they use back in the days for sound dev.

Jackhead

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Jackhead
AG Join Date
April 3, 2008
awesome hardware stuff..
So i think a MC-202 will perfect fit as midi keyboard and sequencer on analog sound. But for that price you will get a MC-909 easy ..
I want a stand-alone device like a groove box. Not sure about the mc-202, what would you say?

Reactions: jollyroger

jollyroger

Registered
Jun 5, 2019
AGName
jollyroger
AG Join Date
XenForo says Oct 18, 2008, but actually I originally register in 1998...
I shared the software before on asg, you have it ;).
can you help me with page 5? There is a diagramm showing the IS-SOUND with the setup:

View attachment 2474

Can anyone please tell me about the midi part? What is written in the Midi box?
I understand there is left/right the scsi connection to host pc for the debugger. Any IS Kit has the debugger and RAM board.
So the differents is the third board of a IS Kit .

The Emulator-SE is a compare of the IS-Debugger with 16MB RAM, IS-Sound and IS-Character.

The IS-Sound has 16MB RAM. What i know the Emulator-SE also. Only the IS-Debugger has 24MB. There banks free for up to 32MB.
So the Midi and Audio (chinch) connector on the IS-SOUND are inputs ?
So i can connect for example a Roland MC-202 - 909 as sequencer over midi to create 8bit sounds, that would be lot of fun..

I am sure you guys are aware of the Google Translate app for mobile phones, but if not...

• Haha
Reactions: Jackhead

Jackhead

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Jackhead
AG Join Date
April 3, 2008
The complete IS-Sound Manual (171 pages) is now ready to download!
Pretty sure there are many useful information about Sound development on SFC/SNES.

edit: add a Yantex translation in ENG, pretty good to read depending on OCR and translation.
Hopefully i got the IS-Character this week and anything went fine. Then next upload will be the docs for the character! After that i plan to scan the Debugger to complete the SFC/SNES Dev components.

Last edited:
Reactions: HI_RICKY

Jackhead

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Jackhead
AG Join Date
April 3, 2008
@HI_RICKY or anyone else - You have the SCGCAD software ? I really love to show the IS-Character (Graphic Box) in action drawing sprites.

HI_RICKY

Donator
Donator
Registered
Mar 21, 2019
AGName
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
very big help SE owner :)

Jackhead

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Jackhead
AG Join Date
April 3, 2008
i looking for someone doing sound dev for snes before, with or without original software. I like to get some midi sounds out of the is-sound.
If someone can help please contact me.

Reactions: Jerich0

deadhead69

Registered
Sep 7, 2020
Very awesome! Great pictures. I'm so jealous of them. Always wanted to have SNES hardware... Maybe some day. Thanks a lot for the software and manuals! Can someone reupload the missing links please?

Jackhead

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Jackhead
AG Join Date
April 3, 2008
let me know what links missing and i replace it.

Make a donation