Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Short Horror Film "Astray"

Kyle Sharpe

Original poster
Jan 23, 2020
Greetings,

I wanted to share a short film of mine with all of you here. It's an animated horror piece called "Astray." I completed it last year, and got it into more festivals around Canada and the US than I expected. Only made it publicly available very recently.

It's not "video game art" per say... but some of my inspiration definitely comes from survival horror titles. Resident Evil being the biggest (especially the RE1 remake on Gamecube, and RE0). Silent Hill and Siren have always been inspirational for me as well. I'm also posting it here, because I was a big follower of Assemblergames, and I have a lot of respect for the community that branched off into Obscure Gamers.

Short films are what I want to make, though, and I have many directors I look up to. I don't expect this to explode online, but I'd like to have it available to a few groups of people at the very least. It was the first thing I've been able to finish, but hopefully not the last!

Hope some of you enjoy it,

Kyle

WATCH IT ON YOUTUBE!!

WorldGenesis

:D
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
Donations
£7.40
AGName
WorldGenesis
AG Join Date
May 12, 2007
That was pretty awesome! I liked the dark art style and the perspectives on a lot of the scenes were great! :cool:

Reactions: Kyle Sharpe

Kyle Sharpe

Original poster
Jan 23, 2020
^Appreciate it! The reference footage I filmed for that particular shot took longer to get right than I expected, haha. So I'm glad it worked out.

NikeX

Registered
Dec 15, 2019
Unbelievable good looking. Yes the face / animation reminds of Siren, the camera angle is RE but perfectly chosen. But it has also a David Lynch and Phantasmagoria vibe. And maye a little bit Jan Švankmajer's Alice?
The film works incredibly well and independently. The greatest possible avoidance of music is a successful idea.
The atmosphere is better carried.
The footsteps remind me of a game by the SCP community.
I find the mouth and hands very creepy.
I am reminded of Little Nightmares also.

Reactions: Kyle Sharpe

Make a donation