Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Should you collect for the 3DO M2?

MassiveCrab007

Dec 26, 2020
Really cool piece of history. Not sure how much third party support that the M2 console would have gotten, or if it would even have been able to be released on time to actually properly compete with the PS1, Saturn, and N64, but I'm fascinated by the graphics and gameplay... it's like the lost 32-bit console I never knew I wanted! Evil Night looks really cool.

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Really cool piece of history. Not sure how much third party support that the M2 console would have gotten, or if it would even have been able to be released on time to actually properly compete with the PS1, Saturn, and N64, but I'm fascinated by the graphics and gameplay... it's like the lost 32-bit console I never knew I wanted! Evil Night looks really cool.
Had it come out when originally intended it would have had a nice head start on the Dreamcast and been competitive I believe. It had a lot of third party support contracted including Capcom and Konami.

amsarcade

Dec 27, 2020
Yes I think that’s correct. As the black m2 console dates from late 1997/1998 and the power it had was nowhere close to the power of the upcoming Dreamcast . Even tho it’s was a beefy console the m2 . it’s was between the ps1 and the ps2 so would have lost anyway . I own most of the consoles and dev kits . So I know the 1997 katana dev kit beats the shit out of the m2 dev kit. So better to get the konami m2 and play some polystars that’s a cool game but that’s about it

Last edited:

amsarcade

Dec 27, 2020
I would rather go for an FZ-35S and play IMSA Racing on it. That's technically a better game than Polystars.

Not that I care, I have both anyway. ;)
Na polystars is verry much fun. Technical aspect yes I looks like a upgraded ps1 game but still
And I can play the racing game on my M2 console still a shit game with lousy controls :)

Make a donation