£10.00
Reaction score
Website
kogeycoolpc.com
AG User Name
Bum
AG Join Date
Jul 31, 2012
This is a release of the Shutokou Battle 01 Trial version. This disk is incredibly rare and almost no information exists on it outside of some vague redump info and Japanese articles dating back to around 2003. Basically some lost media that was found after months of searching.
This trial disk contains a WHOLE HEAP of beta, unused, and unfinished content. Everything from the white Hiace vans to janky looking Toyota Levin's.

With this, I and the rest of the TXR community are proud to present you with one of our magnum opuses.

m98907372276_1.jpgm98907372276_3.jpg

unknown.png206-2.png
206.pngridox.png

Special Thanks to:​
LiquidMetal (Our awesome new friend in Japan who was the one who helped us secure the disk. I can't thank you enough!)
LeopardYiu (All the work in research of the series and of course being the middle-man for making this happen)
JakeMR2 (All the years of hard work he proudly puts into TXR/SB research)
Ground Zero (Another good friend from Japan who tried to get the disk but was unable. The effort counts however and we appreciate ya!)
And of course the rest of the TXR community. Love you all!

Last edited:

n99k3d

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome! Cant wait to Test this Version out :) Been a TXR Fan Since 2001 when it came out in Europe for Playstation 2

dark

Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
dark
AG Join Date
September 2, 2011
Which TXR is this under the USA naming conventions? Is this TXR 3? I never understood why every non-opponent vehicle in that game was a yellow truck, the monotony of the non-opponent cars was a real step backward for the series that bugged me.

Kogey

Red Fox
Donator
Donations
£10.00
Reaction score
Website
kogeycoolpc.com
AG User Name
Bum
AG Join Date
Jul 31, 2012
Which TXR is this under the USA naming conventions? Is this TXR 3? I never understood why every non-opponent vehicle in that game was a yellow truck, the monotony of the non-opponent cars was a real step backward for the series that bugged me.
This is TXR 3, yes. The reason being is because street racing is very frowned upon in Japan and when they got real car manufacturers for the third game they had to give it a "closed course" simulated look so it wasn't street racing, those are just yellow OFFICIAL vehicles on a closed track.
But I get why they HAD to do it. Genki was probably in hot water already for pretty much ripping off real cars for the first couple games anyways haha.

JakeMR2

Reaction score
Hey it's me JakeMR2 from a while back when I first signed up on OG a long time ago. I was awaiting one of these Trial's forever since they can be packed with loads of hidden content underneath the already locked down Trial as is.

Here's some samples of the graphics I extracted too.
tim2out03535.png
tim2out03535.pngtim2out05555.png
The 2door was gonna be in the game, but ended up on the cutting room floor and whatnot. The Piazza with the popup like headlights would be an upgrade for the car, however would only use the regular Piazza. And last but not least is the different Custom logo, which in my opinion looks really good compared to final.
tim2out01717.png
I'm still going on my research into it and I just barely scratched the surface of it, in Kogey's post you saw a little bit of the demo when I was tooling around with the menus.

Kogey

Red Fox
Donator
Donations
£10.00
Reaction score
Website
kogeycoolpc.com
AG User Name
Bum
AG Join Date
Jul 31, 2012
Here's a quick comparison of the really janky Levin model to the retail version. It's got some pretty crazy spoiler options in the demo haha

Retail:
asd.png

Demo:
lev.png

Last edited:

Americandad

Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Americandad
AG Join Date
July 4, 2011
Sweet!

Are there gameshark/ar cheatcodes for this trial? ie to unlock all vehicles, circuits & remove trial limitations? Or am I asking for too much 🤔😅

JakeMR2

Reaction score
Sweet!

Are there gameshark/ar cheatcodes for this trial? ie to unlock all vehicles, circuits & remove trial limitations? Or am I asking for too much 🤔😅
Sadly I haven't found them yet, but the game is missing a ton of save functions. I can unlock all the rivals in the rival menu and replace the Chassis/Body of your current car, but that's about it as far as Save goes.

Rei Mizuki

Reaction score
AG User Name
Rei Mizuki
AG Join Date
06/29/2021
Wow, thank you, I didn't expect there to be a txr3 demo version released

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5