Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Signing Vita dev trophies to retail

Fred

Original poster
Registered
Jun 16, 2019
I have a Vita build that works on a devkit in Development Check Mode, but trophies fail to load in Release Check Mode (meaning it also does not work on a testkit). The problem is the trophies signature, Release mode expects the trophy file to be signed, but my file is not.

Is there any way to fake sign the trophy file? I have the NP communications signature that is used to initialize the trophies if it helps.

the7thchild

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
the7thchild
AG Join Date
2011-2-7
You cannot sign a trophy without the proprietary key from Sony.

Testkit can load unsigned trophy or otherwise every developer will have to ask for a signature when the file changes during the development stage.

If you really have to test, check if there is a corresponding retail game of your development build. Use the trophy inside the file and replace the title ID and NP title secret (a lonnnnnng hex code) somewhere in your eboot.bin

If you build runs on development mode but not testkit. Is there a possibility that your current build requires extra RAM than a testkit / retail can provide? Development enjoys an extra RAM that is not available on other modes.

Fred

Original poster
Registered
Jun 16, 2019
You cannot sign a trophy without the proprietary key from Sony.

Testkit can load unsigned trophy or otherwise every developer will have to ask for a signature when the file changes during the development stage.

If you really have to test, check if there is a corresponding retail game of your development build. Use the trophy inside the file and replace the title ID and NP title secret (a lonnnnnng hex code) somewhere in your eboot.bin

If you build runs on development mode but not testkit. Is there a possibility that your current build requires extra RAM than a testkit / retail can provide? Development enjoys an extra RAM that is not available on other modes.
There is no retail version of the game, only PS3 release. The game does not run on a testkit, because testkits can only operate in Release Check Mode which verifies trophy signature. The error code that I get on a testkit is NP error stating the trophy file has invalid signature, the game still runs and I can hear audio but I see a fullscreen error dialog so the game is unplayable.

The game works in development mode on a devkit and the trophies work, Development Check Mode has no signature checks.

the7thchild

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
the7thchild
AG Join Date
2011-2-7
in this case just throw an arbitrary signed trophy file. Update the corresponding np communication id and np secret in eboot

Make a donation