Original poster
Registered
Jun 10, 2019
AGName
helakustorm
AG Join Date
Oct 16, 2016
Hello,

Yesterday I've bought it and I'm very amazed by how beautiful and small it is.
The only "problem" I have, I don't know how to mod it.
I've found three version of hacki2 and I don't know which is better and latest: ClusterM/hakchi2, TeamShinkansen/hakchi2 or pathartl/Hakchi2-CE.
Which do you use and recommend the most?
If I use an adapter power from a mobile phone which have the output ratings 5V 2A, 7V 1.8A, 9V 1.8A, 12 V 1.3A (it's a fast charger) can I damage the console?
How much games can you install on the console without using an SD card adapter mod?

Thanks!

Edward_2452

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 29, 2019
AGName
james2452
I used hakchi2 V2.30 . Worked good and put afew more games on mine. Only bad thing is sometimes you turn it off you get a error message.

helakustorm

Original poster
Registered
Jun 10, 2019
AGName
helakustorm
AG Join Date
Oct 16, 2016
Firs of all, thank you FamilyGuy and Edward_2452 for your answers.
I will answer to my own questions:
- the faster charger from my mobile phone is working on the console; I don't know how will affect the console in the future this type of charger so I've change it with one that have 5V 1.8A;
- the recommended version is the one from TeamShinkansen;
- Hakchi2 CE will show you how much space have the SNES mini which is around 212 MB;
- the difference between those 3 versions is that ClusterM/hakchi2 was the older version which is now "integrated" into TeamShinkansen/hakchi2 and pathartl/Hakchi2-CE have little changes to text and added the MMC store again from TeamShinkansen/hakchi2 (it's the same program, only the store was re-added and some text changes; you can view his commits here: https://github.com/pathartl/Hakchi2-CE/commits/mainline).

So, that's all!

I used hakchi2 V2.30 . Worked good and put afew more games on mine. Only bad thing is sometimes you turn it off you get a error message.
By the way Edward_2452, the version you used is outdated, the new updated one is Hakchi2 CE v3.5.3 and it's from TeamShinkansen.

Last edited:

FamilyGuy

2049 Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
-=FamilyGuy=-
AG Join Date
March 3, 2007
What's the MMC store?

I did use hakchi (1?) years ago and added a few games to my mini and changed the small thumbnails for the corresponding games characters. Very nice result IMO, I don't want too many games anyways, too many choices is paralysing.

I remember FTP was a PITA and hakchi would overwrite changes when *synchronizing*. How's that improved?

helakustorm

Original poster
Registered
Jun 10, 2019
AGName
helakustorm
AG Join Date
Oct 16, 2016
What's the MMC store?

I did use hakchi (1?) years ago and added a few games to my mini and changed the small thumbnails for the corresponding games characters.

I remember FTP was a PITA and hakchi would overwrite changes when *synchronizing*. How's that improved?

I think, he refers to the store from where you get the all goodies like in hackchi 2 ce KMFD mod hub.

FamilyGuy

2049 Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
-=FamilyGuy=-
AG Join Date
March 3, 2007
I think, he refers to the store from where you get the all goodies like in hackchi 2 ce KMFD mod hub.
I have no idea what you're talking about. I only used hakchi something like 2 weeks after receiving my mini that I bought on day one. I'm out of the loop.

So it's like a repository for features? MMC sounds like memory card to me, and I remember people hacking in SD card to their minis.

helakustorm

Original poster
Registered
Jun 10, 2019
AGName
helakustorm
AG Join Date
Oct 16, 2016
I have no idea what you're talking about. I only used hakchi something like 2 weeks after receiving my mini that I bought on day one. I'm out of the loop.

So it's like a repository for features? MMC sounds like memory card to me, and I remember people hacking in SD card to their minis.

Exactly, it's a repository for features.
The abbreviation MMC come from "ModMyClassic" Mod Store.

Reactions: FamilyGuy

Make a donation