Ergot

Original poster
Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
Ergot_Cholera
AG Join Date
Aug 2, 2012
If you have a 1CHIP SNES or SFC then I highly recommend installing the CS4338-KSZ as a replacement. Borti4938 has designed and made a PCB available on oshpark that is easy to install.
This has been around for a while now but I haven't noticed much interest in it (perhaps people are more inclined to do the digital audio mod).
I'm not knowledgable about the technical aspect, but I have ears and notice louder and clearer audio with greater distinction between the channels.

Ice Man

Registered
Jun 8, 2019
AGName
Ice Man
AG Join Date
Dec 4, 2017
Adding direct link to his github for easier navigation:

People will have to do the gerber files themselves though!

Ergot

Original poster
Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
Ergot_Cholera
AG Join Date
Aug 2, 2012
Yes. I am not promoting oshpark, its just easy if you only want a few PCBs making. Other PCB printing services are available!

Helder

Jun 2, 2019
If you have a 1CHIP SNES or SFC then I highly recommend installing the CS4338-KSZ as a replacement. Borti4938 has designed and made a PCB available on oshpark that is easy to install.
This has been around for a while now but I haven't noticed much interest in it (perhaps people are more inclined to do the digital audio mod).
I'm not knowledgable about the technical aspect, but I have ears and notice louder and clearer audio with greater distinction between the channels.
Do you happen to have any pictures of the install completed?

Ergot

Original poster
Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
Ergot_Cholera
AG Join Date
Aug 2, 2012
Photo of my install.

Attachments

• DSCF8319.JPG
    DSCF8319.JPG