Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

SNES So I got a doctor friend of mine into Super Famicom collecting....

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
About a week ago I was scrolling around on my phone and thought "Hey (Friend) might want to start collecting for Super Famicom" as SFC and Famicom tend to be the cheapest retro systems to collect for these days and you don't have artificially inflated WATA graded Japanese games floating around either. So I tell him, we talk a bit and by the end of our conversation I think he ended up spending around $400. A week later I have absolutely no idea what that number has inflated to. He's a Doctor he can afford these things and he was a doctor IN NEW YORK so imagine his stress levels. There was hurdle I told him to get the wrong HDMI adapter. that was remedied when I remembered the Level Hike. He's also looking into the Level Hike, he's going to referb his NES. Good times.

He didn't just buy a system though, he also got a Supaboy (he asked, I answered) I think around 35 games, several RPGs (he can read them) including Tengai Makyo Zero, Several Mario Games, A Kiki Kai Kai game, Tetris Battle Gaiden, The Firemen, Assault Suit Valkan. just off the top of my head. It's certainly perked him up.

I guess the moral of this story is "get your stressed out Medical professional best friend into Super Famicom collecting they'll thank you later."

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
There’s a game store near me that recently got a ton of SFC games. I already got a couple (Super Mario RPG and Super Donkey Kong) and I might get more the next time I go there. They also have lots of other Japanese games, like DC and N64 games.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
What I like about FC and sfc collecting is how inexpensive it is. There are the $100+ but many of the heavy hitters are pretty cheap as are some of the better Japanese exclusives.

Pretty much the reason I got him into it.

Make a donation