Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Dreamcast So I'm retiring my Framemiester soon for a Retrotink.. What do I do about Dreamcast?

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
There doesn't seem to be any all in 1 Dreamcast option.
There's the scart cable Retro Access has. But I had a spat with them a few years ago and it left a bad taste in my mouth.
There's VGA to HDMI and an MClassic that's the front runner but that also cuts off a few games I'd like to be playing
The behar bros boxes seem like a good option but I don't know about those non VGA games.
DC HDMI even if I could install it I doubt I could get one right now.
There's a VGA Scart adapter on Castlemania games but that's been on backorder for what seems like forever.

My current option is Kaico's HDMI Adapter. It's OK I have it plugged into my Framemiester. But I have 2 problems with it. It cuts off the start up and I think there's latency. On top of it being seen as a VGA Cable. Plus maybe it's my settings it looks a little washed out at times.

So what to do? I'm playing a ton of Dreamcast lately since I got a Wingman SD and a Retro Fighter's pad. Having good controller options give me incentive to play more of it.

Two other quick things, I'm getting stick of the clock set up screen. I've never soldered before is that a quick replacement?
Finally, Should I worry about CD-Rs? My last batch of burns were CMC Pros (That my img burn saw as Taiyo Yuden) but I have quite a few on Verbatims. Am I good on that front? I have about 44 free spots in the binder I'm using I can easy fill with the Goodness. I'm burning alot of games but I'm still buying them too. I just nabbed a Japanese House of the Dead 2 and the only KOF I was missing, 2002.

Anywho, Back to playing Rez with an XBOX controller...

MSX

Is secretly 32-bit
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 7, 2019
Donations
£543.68
AGName
MSX
AG Join Date
Dec 7, 2011
I guess SCART would be the best lazy man option because god knows these are probably vaporware.

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
I've had good experiences with Beharbros products, so their HDMI box is probably pretty good. For games that don't support VGA, you could have a SCART cable that you use just for those games. I definitely think 480p is a worthwhile thing for DC games that support it - it makes a huge difference.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
I guess SCART would be the best lazy man option because god knows these are probably vaporware.

Which I am mad about I love HD Retrovision Cables and use them almost exclusively instead of SCART Cables.

I've had good experiences with Beharbros products, so their HDMI box is probably pretty good. For games that don't support VGA, you could have a SCART cable that you use just for those games. I definitely think 480p is a worthwhile thing for DC games that support it - it makes a huge difference.
https://www.beharbros.com/toro is probably my best bet
or

Seems there's no scenario that doesn't involve me getting an MClassic to do the 480p to HD Scaling.

Greg2600

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
The perennially back-ordered Rondo HD15 is probably the best option for the RetroTink. I have one and works really well. If not, the key is to have a 75 ohm terminated SCART cable, otherwise the RT5x, like the OSSC, will have problems with the signal.

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
Seems there's no scenario that doesn't involve me getting an MClassic to do the 480p to HD Scaling.

You shouldn't need another device to do scaling. The Akura will output 480p, and then your TV will scale it. You only need an MClassic if you want to "enhance" it, which isn't something I would recommend personally. Plus newer TVs have that type of functionality built-in anyway, if you want it.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
So I just got an S-Video cable and let the 5x work Mike Chi's Voodoo.
it's not perfect but it is better than the HDMI adapter I was using.
Time to splurge on a Japanese Gunbird 2

Make a donation