So very glad to be here!

Unmutual

Game Developer
Fair warning, the majority of this is a copy and paste from Assembler.

I'm one of those people who rips games apart looking for alpha/beta content. I've also got a massive appreciation for the hard work and dedication that goes into making games a reality. Think about all those models and what not that are lost, all that time and energy for nothing! Well, someone has to appreciate it!

Over the summer a few buddies from work and I ended up tracking down one of the lead programmers for a suuuper obscure PS1 game called Auto Destruct. (Originally known as Cult Status) Dude ended up working for Sweden's NASA and was kind enough to share the entire source with us, models and all. That speaks to the fun of the pursuit, the guy and I are now friends and chat regularly. That's another reason I wanted to sign up, I have no doubt there's some incredible stories on here. My latest kick has been pouring over a bunch of pre-release copies of Manhunt 2 I found laying around.

I'm forever thankful for having weird parents who encouraged me to learn about computers and video games. I see some of the stuff you guys do on here and it's equally heartwarming as it is mind blowing. Currently I'm contracted as a development support lead, I'm fortunate enough to be able to interface with games on a daily basis.

I know it's not the best picture, but I figured what the hell... why not?

Does this get me that fancy "owns a dev kit" tag? :p

Shown are some of my promo favorites
Dev team shirts for Table Tennis and Payday 2
Event promoter shirts from Quakecon

Dracarys

DeChief's Eternal Master
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome on the site!

Great story you have there, will you be posting more about Auto Destruct?

I think you need at least 2 kits to get the kit owner tag, but I'm not sure. An admin will probably come this way and clear things up ;)

Unmutual

Game Developer
Welcome on the site!

Great story you have there, will you be posting more about Auto Destruct?

I think you need at least 2 kits to get the kit owner tag, but I'm not sure. An admin will probably come this way and clear things up ;)
Gonna have to check up on the rules, but yeah. I plan on doing a big write-up on Auto Destruct. If there's a place to drop off design documents, I've got a ton of stuff pertaining to the game. Majority of it is already on Assembler, but I'd like to keep it here as well. Just for safety sake.

Demon

Super Moderator
Website
www.obscuregamers.com
Welcome to the site @Unmutual !

It's nice to see people such as yourself having a keen interest on pulling games apart to find goody's lost to time.

The devkit rank is currently closed sadly but we can make exceptions at times so you never know. :)

Wombat

Gold Member
Welcome to OG @Unmutual! I always like it when someone is that dedicated into finding everything there is too a particular game :) Really cool that you managed to get source, I'm sure you'll be able to do great things with that!