Mar 21, 2019
AGName
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
can we overclock XBOX by software mod?
look M$ did on there early preview...

Memory Clock Speed Adjustment
For this release, the memory clock speed (which includes the memory clock and front-side bus/processor) has been raised to one-percent higher than the final speed. This temporary adjustment has been made to increase stability on the pre-release version of development consoles. The following list defines the speed changes:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 12.22.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 12.22.27 PM.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 0

Jerich0

Registered
Feb 4, 2020
Would you mind sharing where is this section of page from? I really want to read the whole thing (y)

JustAnyone

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
AGName
mindaugasgt
AG Join Date
Jul 10, 2018

cyrix

Registered
Jun 9, 2019
AGName
cyrix
AG Join Date
Jul 29, 2010
I'm pretty sure you can't use BFM bios with this, so it's recommended you only do this on hard modded boxes so you can revert back if it's too unstable. With a softmod if you flash it to a point where the xbox can't do anything then you've killed your box.

JustAnyone

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
AGName
mindaugasgt
AG Join Date
Jul 10, 2018
I'm pretty sure you can't use BFM bios with this, so it's recommended you only do this on hard modded boxes so you can revert back if it's too unstable. With a softmod if you flash it to a point where the xbox can't do anything then you've killed your box.
I tried patching EvoxM8+ bfm bios with this tool and looks like it successfully edited the file1594463798905.png
However when testing it on xbox it seems there was no change in cpu clock speeds
1594464103039.png
I later tried patching normal xecuter 2 4981 bios and then using XBTool to add BFM flag but it didnt work (black screen)
After that I tried patching Xecuter 2 5053 bios as well but got same result
So yeah overclocking BFM bioses won't work most likely

Also, on sofmod you can't do anything at all, maybe you meant system with flashed TSOP? Because there if you flash a bad overclock bios you can pretty much say goodbye to your console unless you buy and install a modchip or a modchip which is capable of restoring bad TSOP flashes. I really recommend doing this if you have a bios with multiple banks (such as Xecuter 3, OpenXenium, Xblast lite) or if you have a 1.0/1.1 system and made a multi-bank TSOP mod (see the picture below.)
1594465817219.png

XBOX

Registered
Dec 22, 2019
I tried patching EvoxM8+ bfm bios with this tool and looks like it successfully edited the fileView attachment 7924
However when testing it on xbox it seems there was no change in cpu clock speeds
View attachment 7926
I later tried patching normal xecuter 2 4981 bios and then using XBTool to add BFM flag but it didnt work (black screen)
After that I tried patching Xecuter 2 5053 bios as well but got same result
So yeah overclocking BFM bioses won't work most likely

Also, on sofmod you can't do anything at all, maybe you meant system with flashed TSOP? Because there if you flash a bad overclock bios you can pretty much say goodbye to your console unless you buy and install a modchip or a modchip which is capable of restoring bad TSOP flashes. I really recommend doing this if you have a bios with multiple banks (such as Xecuter 3, OpenXenium, Xblast lite) or if you have a 1.0/1.1 system and made a multi-bank TSOP mod (see the picture below.)
View attachment 7931

If i'm not mistaken, you need also patch every .xbe with the same value you modified your OC Bios. That's why you see default value clock.

Use XBEPatcher.exe

Last edited:

JustAnyone

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
AGName
mindaugasgt
AG Join Date
Jul 10, 2018
If i'm not mistaken, you need also patch every .xbe with the same value you modified your OC Bios. That's why you see default value clock.

Use XBEPatcher.exe
Nope, you don't need to patch the dashboard at least, I have a regular (IND 5003.06 Force 480p) bios patched to 820mhz or so on my other modchip bank and those clock speeds indeed show up properly in hardware info section
XBEPatcher is needed to patch games which do not work normally on non-stock clock speeds

JackUzi

Mar 28, 2020
yes, most games require patching to new speed, some games still show troubles after patching, as a solution would be to have a second bios bank with underclock to 730-740mhz, I did so on my 1ghz system.

JustAnyone

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
AGName
mindaugasgt
AG Join Date
Jul 10, 2018
system front-side bus.
it would, just make sure to leave 2nd bank with untouched bios in case your overclocked one hangs on boot

Reactions: Americandad

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Anybody know what a safe overclock would be? I would at least consider changing thermal paste first before doing this is a good idea.

Make a donation