Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

[SOLVED] Action Replay GT4 Only Cheat Disk PAL unrippable?!

n99k3d

Weird Stuff Collector
Original poster
Registered
Jun 27, 2019
Well i dont know where else to put this Question.

But i have this (Rare?!) Disk made by Datel since 2005 (thats when GT4 came out in Germany and the Big ARMax Packages had cost around 50€)

I tryed to Rip it but it seems to me that they Nulled the Start-Area of the DVD or CD (its one of those Blue Bottom Disks) so everytime i try to Rip it (already tryed with CloneCD , Alcohol 120 , UltraISO) it throws errors of it being unreadable - while it works Perfectly on my PAL SCPH-50004 PS2.

It gets even weirder , as i was able to directly Copy the Files off of the Disk via UltraISO to my HDD but when i then convert the Folder to an ISO - PCSX2 for instance cant read it.

EDIT : If someone wants me to Upload the Loose Files i could do that :)
EDIT 2 : Just found out that the SYSTEM.CNF File says its File Version : 1.00 Beta - dunno if that is Important to know but thats what PCSX2 says

And then i tryed the CD Plugin of PCSX2 and it tells me : Loading RAMDISK.DAT FAIL but after a while , like 2 minutes it does however Start the CD and it seems to be working fine.

I wanted to Upload this Disk to Archive.org because i havent seen it Online yet.

Am i doing something wrong or is it the Disk itself? I dont get it :LOL:

Oh and theres a Thread about it on GTPlanet ->

LINK

Last edited:

pool7

Donator
Donator
Registered
Sep 1, 2018
AGName
pool7
AG Join Date
2008/03/04
The guys at VGPC have been able to dump some of these discs for various consoles. I don't have the details handy (will try to look for them and post here later), but feel free to join their discord and ask about it:

Reactions: n99k3d

n99k3d

Weird Stuff Collector
Original poster
Registered
Jun 27, 2019
thanks for the quick info on it didnt know that - that might explain why i cant rip it properly :LOL:
am going to join the discord then and ask them if theres a special tool for that :)
because that really confuses me as to how its telling me that the disk is 564mb - but the Loose Files only have a Size of 50.244kb

Braintrash

Registered
Jun 7, 2019
AGName
Braintrash
AG Join Date
Nov 5, 2011
Should be easily rippable using a real OS like FreeBSD, macOS or even Linux.

pool7

Donator
Donator
Registered
Sep 1, 2018
AGName
pool7
AG Join Date
2008/03/04
Nope, this is not an OS issue.

n99k3d

Weird Stuff Collector
Original poster
Registered
Jun 27, 2019
So some minutes ago i had a Chat with Wiggy2k , and he told me the thing with those Blue/Indigo AR-Max Discs is that they have a Dummy File that Deliberately creates Errors while reading the Disc. And only some Plextor CD-Rom Drives in combination with DiscImageCreator by Sarami are able to rip those Discs.

Means i have to get my hands onto a Plextor Drive and probably use my Macbook with an IDE Adapter to rip it :)

If i manage to get that working i'll report back , and post the Disc here and/or on Archive.org for everyone to enjoy (y)

Reactions: pool7

Make a donation