Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Wii [SOLVED] CodeWarrior 1.7 for Wii license.dat expired in 2008...

New Nova

Original poster
Registered
Apr 7, 2022
Hello there.

I bought a dev kit RVT-001 NDEV. I followed process to install everything I need in an old Windows XP machine so I can do some stuff.
But when I tried to build an example project, it says :
"Unable to use the plugin "PowerPC EABI". It is licensed and a valid license key was not found.
Feature has expired"
The date show 31-dec-2008.
I tried to modify the license.dat file to make them permanent, but it detects that the file has been modified and thus, is not valid. It seems there's some hash going on in the file.

Here's the content of the license.dat file :

FEATURE Win32_CWIDE_Unlimited metrowks 5.5 permanent uncounted \
D683F3FF3C1E HOSTID=ANY ck=194 TS_OK
FEATURE Win32_CWIDE_Unlimited metrowks 5 permanent uncounted \
3659204C15A0 HOSTID=ANY TS_OK
FEATURE Win32_Plugins_PPC_Nintendo metrowks 2 31-dec-2008 uncounted \
20CCD4896896 HOSTID=ANY TS_OK
FEATURE Win32_Plugins_PPC metrowks 8 31-dec-2008 uncounted \
8AE71AF8EBFB HOSTID=ANY TS_OK
FEATURE Win32_COMUTIL_Generic metrowks 2 31-dec-2008 uncounted \
E7DF24C54E00 HOSTID=ANY
FEATURE Win32_Plugins_Nintendo_TDEV metrowks 2.5 31-dec-2008 \
uncounted FA4146A8B32D HOSTID=ANY TS_OK

Is there anyone else here with any clue to what I'm supposed to do ?
Also, I'm open to reconsider on how I must set up the dev kit. Maybe there's other ways.

Thanks in advance !

EDIT : It seems that I can't easily modify the date because of the FLEXlm format of license. There is a signature, and I don't know how it works.

EDIT 2 : Well, FLEXlm isn't clever. I just changed the OS date too the year 2000 and it worked.

Last edited:

Leetwolf

Registered
Jan 22, 2020
AGName
leetwolf
Hey. I am working on a game development exhibit and having issues getting my ndev setup. Any chance you could help me?

New Nova

Original poster
Registered
Apr 7, 2022
Get sdk to compile, get prodg to work would be nice too. Like what version of cygwin did you use?
I don't know what "prodg" is. I used the cygwin 2.874 version because I was working on Windows XP. I used this : https://blog.dhampir.no/content/cygwin-for-windows-xp
The thing to make it compile sample project is actually to add the bin path of cygwin in the "Path" environment variable of Windows, because within cygwin, it didn't work (for me at least, maybe you'll be luckier).
After that, you also need the "make 3.80.1.071029" zip package. It's easy to find I think.
You place the "make.exe" in the bin path of cygwin.
Since you normally have the bin path of cygwin in the "Path" Windows environment variable, you should be able to do the "make" command off the cmd shell of windows (no need to start cygwin, but just keep it installed).

For the RVL SDK, I highly recommend the 3.3.2 version, because you might have some things missing with the previous ones.
To test if it works, go into the "RVL_SDK" folder, then go to build, and you will see a file called "makefile". Open Windows CMD (Windows+R and type "cmd"), then type "cd " (note the space) and then copy-paste the path of this file (something like cd RVL_SDK\build) then press enter. You are now into the "makefile" folder, so you just have to type "make" (again, no need to start cygwin) and it should work. If not, maybe the path installation might be wrong or something is up.

Again, it's a bit tricky to install and figure out things (especially by text), I spend 7 hours in a row to find out what was wrong.

Last edited:

Leetwolf

Registered
Jan 22, 2020
AGName
leetwolf
prodg is like codewarriror ,used for debugging. How do you deploy the code once built?

New Nova

Original poster
Registered
Apr 7, 2022
prodg is like codewarriror ,used for debugging. How do you deploy the code once built?
Once everything is build, go to RVL_SDK\RVL\bin\demos to find many demos. If you are using NTSC mode on your devkit, you should try the folder kpaddemo, there's many .elf files. Try the kpadsample (don't forget to sync the Wiimote !).
To make it run on the dev kit, in the Windows CMD, type "ndrun " (the space again is important) and drag the "kpadsample.elf" file into the cmd, it will enter the path automatically (so no need to cd everytime). You should have ODEM pop up and your dev kit will reboot and run the demo.
To clear the demo out, go on the taskbar, you will see the ODEM icon. Right-click on it and select "Display Panel". The panel should pop up. Push the "eject" button on the software, and then "reset" (the middle one, not the right one). Your dev kit will reboot without the demo.
To rerun it without NDRUN command, just press "eject" on the software again, and the demo will show up again.
Each time you want to run for the first time a .elf file, you will have to do NDRUN. But if you just want to rerun it, open ODEM, and you will be able to open a .dlf file with the same name, in the same folder of the .elf file you already opened.

Leetwolf

Registered
Jan 22, 2020
AGName
leetwolf
I'm surprised you were able to change the date on your system. i tried that and i complains i did so haha

New Nova

Original poster
Registered
Apr 7, 2022
I'm surprised you were able to change the date on your system. i tried that and i complains i did so haha
I just changed the year. If your system cries, try changing directly from BIOS.
Also, if you are connected, disable the internet sync for datetime. It might help.

Leetwolf

Registered
Jan 22, 2020
AGName
leetwolf
I just changed the year. If your system cries, try changing directly from BIOS.
Also, if you are connected, disable the internet sync for datetime. It might help.
I successfully got the verifysetup to compile!!! Issue i'm having now is no other demo have .c files. only the mcp files. Where did you get yours? I am looking in the freescale folder labeled "demos" -- I am so close!

New Nova

Original poster
Registered
Apr 7, 2022
I successfully got the verifysetup to compile!!! Issue i'm having now is no other demo have .c files. only the mcp files. Where did you get yours? I am looking in the freescale folder labeled "demos" -- I am so close!
.mcp files ? Weird. I guess you're not looking in the right folder.
My path for building the demos is C:\blt\tools\third_party\wii\RVL_SDK\build
And my path for executing the demos (.elf files with NDRUN) is C:\blt\tools\third_party\wii\RVL_SDK\RVL\bin\demos\
There's no demos in the freescale folder itself. Everything is in the RVL_SDK that you can find online.

Leetwolf

Registered
Jan 22, 2020
AGName
leetwolf
.mcp files ? Weird. I guess you're not looking in the right folder.
My path for building the demos is C:\blt\tools\third_party\wii\RVL_SDK\build
And my path for executing the demos (.elf files with NDRUN) is C:\blt\tools\third_party\wii\RVL_SDK\RVL\bin\demos\
There's no demos in the freescale folder itself. Everything is in the RVL_SDK that you can find online.
hmmm, blt? i dont have that folder. "RVL_SDK-3_3-2-20100823" is the sdk i have. am i missing something? which readme file did i miss? Again, seriously thank you for the assistance, not a ton of information on this. once done i can write up a final post with "how to" for anyone

Leetwolf

Registered
Jan 22, 2020
AGName
leetwolf
I'm going to guess by the folder path, the white rabbit guide. I found that too.

New Nova

Original poster
Registered
Apr 7, 2022
hmmm, blt? i dont have that folder. "RVL_SDK-3_3-2-20100823" is the sdk i have. am i missing something? which readme file did i miss? Again, seriously thank you for the assistance, not a ton of information on this. once done i can write up a final post with "how to" for anyone
You litterally have the same RVL SDK that I have. So you just follow the "path" I told you with "build" and everything like this screenshot :

1649891810000.png

Leetwolf

Registered
Jan 22, 2020
AGName
leetwolf
I ended up getting CodeWarrior working. I recommend you do the same.

How I did it:
Install RVL_SDK to c:\
Install CodeWarrior
Open a Project file
Go to Edit -> Preferences
Create "RevolutionRoot" set it to "c:\rvl_sdk"
Create "NDEV" set to "C:\ndev"
Launch cmd, cd rvl_sdk and run the bat file
Run setndenv dvdroot "C:\rvl_sdk\dvddata"

That should be enough to not only compile but debug with codewarrior.

New Nova

Original poster
Registered
Apr 7, 2022
I ended up getting CodeWarrior working. I recommend you do the same.

How I did it:
Install RVL_SDK to c:\
Install CodeWarrior
Open a Project file
Go to Edit -> Preferences
Create "RevolutionRoot" set it to "c:\rvl_sdk"
Create "NDEV" set to "C:\ndev"
Launch cmd, cd rvl_sdk and run the bat file
Run setndenv dvdroot "C:\rvl_sdk\dvddata"

That should be enough to not only compile but debug with codewarrior.
Exactly. Don't forget the Windows Env for your RVL_SDK (create new variables).
In my installation, I can build projects in CodeWarrior, but cannot run it because of a license file that isn't present, but I think that if I can figure it out I would be able to do trough CodeWarrior. So what I do is build under the IDE, and run with NDRUN.

But for actually building demos, no need of CW, just do the "make" like I told you before, it will do everything for you.

Reactions: Leetwolf

Leetwolf

Registered
Jan 22, 2020
AGName
leetwolf
Exactly. Don't forget the Windows Env for your RVL_SDK (create new variables).
In my installation, I can build projects in CodeWarrior, but cannot run it because of a license file that isn't present, but I think that if I can figure it out I would be able to do trough CodeWarrior. So what I do is build under the IDE, and run with NDRUN.

But for actually building demos, no need of CW, just do the "make" like I told you before, it will do everything for you.
my exhibit is "Game Development - The computer and the console" we're showing how developers used computers to make games. So CW was kinda critical only for sake of "flash" lol. Thanks for everything, hit me up i have a license that works ;) might just end up in your inbox.

New Nova

Original poster
Registered
Apr 7, 2022
my exhibit is "Game Development - The computer and the console" we're showing how developers used computers to make games. So CW was kinda critical only for sake of "flash" lol. Thanks for everything, hit me up i have a license that works ;) might just end up in your inbox.
No problem !
Uhhh... Where inbox ? I'm new to this forum, I don't know how it works lol

Make a donation