[Solved] Doubt about MediEvil: Resurrection prototype

Fortesque

Original poster
Nov 28, 2019
AGName
Fortesque
AG Join Date
26/11/2019
On Hidden Palace it is stated that it boots on retail hardware with a minor modification, but it isn´t explained anywhere how to do that. I would appreciate if someone could tell me what kind of modification I have to do to run it properly.

Unlike other prototypes meant for nonretail systems, which crashed or gave an error message after loading, this is the only one that froze. On the other hand, in contrast to Silent Hill Origins prototypes, which require the MEMSIZE flag to boot on emulator, this one doesn´t.

So, any ideas?

Last edited:

Mathieulh

Problem Solver
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Mathieulh
AG Join Date
01/01/2006
I just checked the ISO, from what I can tell, it should run as-is, I haven't tried though, what happens when you try to run it?

JustAnyone

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
AGName
mindaugasgt
AG Join Date
Jul 10, 2018
by enabling more ram with certain cfw most likely. oblivion builds required that

Nex

Donator
Donator
Registered
Sep 1, 2018
rename the boot.bin to eboot.bin in the iso, atleast thats what I remember. You can use UMDGen to do that

Fortesque

Original poster
Nov 28, 2019
AGName
Fortesque
AG Join Date
26/11/2019
I just checked the ISO, from what I can tell, it should run as-is, I haven't tried though, what happens when you try to run it?
The screen turns black and the PSP freezes, although it doesn´t crash.

Fortesque

Original poster
Nov 28, 2019
AGName
Fortesque
AG Join Date
26/11/2019
rename the boot.bin to eboot.bin in the iso, atleast thats what I remember. You can use UMDGen to do that
By doing so, it gives me an error message.

Fortesque

Original poster
Nov 28, 2019
AGName
Fortesque
AG Join Date
26/11/2019
No, I mean that once I have renamed the boot.bin to eboot.bin, the PSP gives me an error message after loading the game.

Last edited:

Nex

Donator
Donator
Registered
Sep 1, 2018
No, I mean that the PSP gives me an error message, after loading it.
did you try enabling extra ram? assuming your firmware has that. A PSP-1000 model wouldn't have this feature at all btw. Outdated firmwares also possibly dont have the extra memory setting

Fortesque

Original poster
Nov 28, 2019
AGName
Fortesque
AG Join Date
26/11/2019
I was trying to load it on a PSP Slim with the official firmware. Since the emulator boots it without needing to add the MEMSIZE flag to PARAM.SFO, I thought it didn´t need 64 MB RAM.

Nex

Donator
Donator
Registered
Sep 1, 2018
I was trying to load it on a PSP Slim with the official firmware. Since the emulator boots it without needing to add the MEMSIZE flag to PARAM.SFO, I thought it didn´t need 64 MB RAM.
I don't know right now if it needs it, just a suggestion. I can look sometime but I would have to dig my psp out again

Fortesque

Original poster
Nov 28, 2019
AGName
Fortesque
AG Join Date
26/11/2019
I finally managed to boot the MediEvil: Resurrection 0.26 prototype on retail firmware: I converted it to PBP without compression.

Make a donation