Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
FromAllAspects
AG Join Date
December 7th, 2017
Hi all,

I'm unsure if this belongs here, but if it doesn't, I'm more than happy to report it to admin for relocation.

I recently won an auction for a copy of Sonic Adventure Limited Edition for Sega Dreamcast.

Since I've never owned a copy of any Sonic Adventure game for Dreamcast, are there any differences that are worth noting compared to the final retail build?

I look forward to hearing a response!

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

Trimesh

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Trimesh
AG Join Date
Jul 4, 2008
The only things I can remember are a very few minor camera changes that were presumably made for the final release but didn't make it into the limited edition because it was launched several months earlier to go with the Blockbuster Video rental DC systems.

kabojnk

Insert Title Here
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Feb 3, 2019
Donations
£126.57
I have many copies of SA: LE, some CIB. There are no major differences to speak of. Most notable difference is internet features are not enabled in this version. A legit back cover for this game will not show the Modem icon. If your SA: LE back cover shows this icon it was taken from the retail copy (or is a fake/repro cover). They are just fairly rare because they were never actually sold - only provided to Hollywood Video for rental as a promo thing prior to its US retail release.

FromAllAspects

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
FromAllAspects
AG Join Date
December 7th, 2017
The only things I can remember are a very few minor camera changes that were presumably made for the final release but didn't make it into the limited edition because it was launched several months earlier to go with the Blockbuster Video rental DC systems.
I have many copies of SA: LE, some CIB. There are no major differences to speak of. Most notable difference is internet features are not enabled in this version. A legit back cover for this game will not show the Modem icon. If your SA: LE back cover shows this icon it was taken from the retail copy (or is a fake/repro cover). They are just fairly rare because they were never actually sold - only provided to Hollywood Video for rental as a promo thing prior to its US retail release.

I can't thank you guys enough for the help you've provided me with! As far as I can see, the reproduction cover art is rather well done. (normally they look horrendously grainy or just poor quality in general) I guess I have to wait until it arrives from America to see what it's like.

I'm getting some conflicting information when researching about these particular discs. Most people will say they were released around June/July, 1999, however other people will say it was released to Funcoland (??) around February, 1999. The one thing I find interesting about the copy I won, is that it has no stamps or stickers on it at all.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

kabojnk

Insert Title Here
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Feb 3, 2019
Donations
£126.57
I can't thank you guys enough for the help you've provided me with! As far as I can see, the reproduction cover art is rather well done. (normally they look horrendously grainy or just poor quality in general) I guess I have to wait until it arrives from America to see what it's like.

I'm getting some conflicting information when researching about these particular discs. Most people will say they were released around June/July, 1999, however other people will say it was released to Funcoland (??) around February, 1999. The one thing I find interesting about the copy I won, is that it has no stamps or stickers on it at all.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

I have a few like that. One of my CIB ones is mint, has no label and literally looks like it was bought in a store. IDK whether people have removed the Hollywood Video labels or what... Dont have all the answers. :p

Also, if you notice - a lot of the repro manuals I have seen are mis-cut. If you compare them to a legit one, they arent a 100% match and easily noticeable side by side. Obviously print quality is not as good either as it is a copy.

Make a donation