Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Sonic Month 2019: Sonic 2 MD (Aug 21, 1992)

ehw

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 1, 2019
  • Love
Reactions: 1 and Arcadia

Damn they just keep coming! I never thought we'd see one this early again.

Allie

The Original VF3 Fangirl™
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Anthaemia.
AG Join Date
June 4, 2004
This latest batch of releases take me back to when I was part of the SSRG community at a time when most people were still concerned with going through the recently found "Simon Wai" build of Sonic 2 or even that Sonic Crackers prototype... I soon moved over to creating fan games before researching the general Saturn period, but I always like to see enthusiasm for the 16-bit era remain. Now, if only someone could find the original toy show tech demo for Sonic 1, a Sonic CD build containing R2 or something playable from the infamous Desert Zone. At least we had Jon Burton from Traveller's Tales showing quite recently that early Sonic R code has survived, even though it's unlikely he'll ever share anything. Thanks to everyone involved with these latest preservation efforts, and here's to whatever comes next!

GhostSeed

Jun 4, 2019
AGName
GhostSeed
AG Join Date
Apr 13, 2007
The Sonic CD stream from the first day was a blast to watch. I forgot they were going to keep this going for a month.

Vorde

Registered
Nov 18, 2019
AGName
Vorde
Now, if only someone could find the original toy show tech demo for Sonic 1, a Sonic CD build containing R2 or something playable from the infamous Desert Zone.
As far as I know all the code purtaining to Sonic 1 was lost (source code and ROMs). With Desert Zone, didn't they confirm that all the snapshots in magazines were just mockups and that they originally were going to replace the desert zone with an ice zone before scraping it altogether?

Allie

The Original VF3 Fangirl™
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Anthaemia.
AG Join Date
June 4, 2004
Didn't a designer once suggest that the desert zone was a version of the scrapped winter level from an earlier timeline, and that the only difference between these was a palette swap that would have turned sand into snow, or am I confusing this with another abandoned concept? I also seem to remember there being some talk of a circus-themed area that would include bouncing clown enemies and parts designed to resemble a corkscrew or rollercoaster, which makes me think this was recycled into Carnival Night for Sonic 3...

Make a donation