Jul 12, 2019
Donations
£14.47
AGName
hermesconrad
AG Join Date
11/july/2019
Most of the links are dead in this.
Any chances of uploading them somewhere else?

I have a server hosting PS2 file if you're interested.
Hey, sorry I reorganised my mega and forgot to update the links, I'll update them when I get back to machine later today

hermesconrad

Donator
Original poster
Staff member
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jul 12, 2019
Donations
£14.47
AGName
hermesconrad
AG Join Date
11/july/2019
Ive fixed the mega link on the first post

Ravenous1337

Dec 13, 2021
eBay Username
Rionous
Gday All,

This thread will serve as an investigation log for the DTL-T15000.

I've recently gotten my hands on the kit and considering the scarcity of information around it i figure it would be worth opening a dialog for myself and others to contribute to.

To start us off, you can find drive dumps from my kit in the below mega folder:

I have included both drive images and the r-studio recovery files to make life a little easier, i have also extracted a few packages of interest.

Points of interest:
diagversion: 4.1
diagrevision: 13

Both drives were Sony rebranded "Maxtor 4 D040H2" 40gb hard drives

The image has redhat linux 6.2 running dsnet 2.2.14.-5.0

The username and password "z" as used with the DTL-T10000 wont work for this image.

instead the username and password is "pz", this will drop you into the diag shell.

PC card in this unit is a PCI-815VE - http://lorezan.free.fr/ps2/PCI-815VE-MAL.pdf

Useful Links Below
Would you post or upload some pictures of how the add-in card (PCI-815VE) is connected to the unit? I purchased one of these cards and am trying to figure it out!

hermesconrad

Donator
Original poster
Staff member
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jul 12, 2019
Donations
£14.47
AGName
hermesconrad
AG Join Date
11/july/2019
Would you post or upload some pictures of how the add-in card (PCI-815VE) is connected to the unit? I purchased one of these cards and am trying to figure it out!
I can try crack or open again after the 2nd Jan, currently on holidays atm

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
Is there a benefit to upgrading your pc card in the tool or is it just preference?

Ravenous1337

Dec 13, 2021
eBay Username
Rionous
Is there a benefit to upgrading your pc card in the tool or is it just preference?
The difference between the PCI-586HVE and PCI-815VE are memory capacity and CPU performance. I think the way the Playstation2 TOOL was meant to be used over a network the upgrade would only benefit more users or to have many processes running at the same time. Maybe a game that uses the PS2 hardware to the limit. Then that would be more to do with resource allocation. It would seem likely why the 15000 had a performance analyzer.

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
The difference between the PCI-586HVE and PCI-815VE are memory capacity and CPU performance. I think the way the Playstation2 TOOL was meant to be used over a network the upgrade would only benefit more users or to have many processes running at the same time. Maybe a game that uses the PS2 hardware to the limit. Then that would be more to do with resource allocation. It would seem likely why the 15000 had a performance analyzer.
Ok say if its done I know you can change memory and upgrade the processor but is changing cards as simple as pluging it in and booting the tool or do you need to modify the the card to run sce proprietary software?

Ravenous1337

Dec 13, 2021
eBay Username
Rionous
Ok say if its done I know you can change memory and upgrade the processor but is changing cards as simple as pluging it in and booting the tool or do you need to modify the the card to run sce proprietary software?
I can only say from what others have posted so far. The Linux operating software is different. I have a PS2 TOOL DTL10000 from PAL (UK version) with the PCI-586HVE card. How the cards plug into the system are different, other than the main PCI interface slot. I have seen many other connector differences between the two cards also. Also to anyone else that wants to know the cards are available from many online retailers currently. Look for Neatek PCI-815VE half-height industrial motherboard and PCI-586HVE-S half-height industrial motherboard. They are considered rare but really these are built in small batches and usually cost a lot per unit when new.

slycooper124

Registered
Jul 30, 2019
AGName
slycooper124
AG Join Date
June 2019
Ok. So unless I'm developing on the tool, there is really no Point to upgrading the pc board right?

uyjulian

Registered
May 30, 2019
There's no point in upgrading the PC board as it is pretty much intended for communications only.

Reactions: pool7

hermesconrad

Donator
Original poster
Staff member
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jul 12, 2019
Donations
£14.47
AGName
hermesconrad
AG Join Date
11/july/2019
Fpga and firmware files back up, didn't realise they wernt on mega.

Cheers

Reactions: pool7

Ravenous1337

Dec 13, 2021
eBay Username
Rionous
I just wanted to check back about the internal pictures. I am uploading a pic with the plug that I think is needed to make the board operate normally. I circled it in green. The manual only states what this is used for but I couldn't find if it must be attached somewhere for the POST to complete.PCI815VEquestion.jpg

hermesconrad

Donator
Original poster
Staff member
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jul 12, 2019
Donations
£14.47
AGName
hermesconrad
AG Join Date
11/july/2019
I just wanted to check back about the internal pictures. I am uploading a pic with the plug that I think is needed to make the board operate normally. I circled it in green. The manual only states what this is used for but I couldn't find if it must be attached somewhere for the POST to complete.View attachment 13321
Havnt had a chance to check inside my kit yet, just looks like a regular fan connector, doubt it fail to post with it disconnected.

unclejun

Registered
Jun 6, 2019
AGName
unclejun
AG Join Date
Nov 12, 2005
That's J7, the external ATX power connector.

Make a donation