Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
FromAllAspects
AG Join Date
December 7th, 2017
Hi all,

I recently acquired a Sony PSX DESR-7000 complete with the original box, manuals, DVR remote, PSX DualShock 2 controller (still a ceramic/snow white, rather than a yellow colour commonly found on them) and update discs, 1.10, 1.20 and 1.31. The firmware version is 1.31.

The only issue the system currently faces (I'll fix it, when I can), is a faulty DVD burner/reader. It no longer reads PlayStation 2 (DVD) and DVD format discs. (it's never had the original warranty sticker removed; it's an original clear sticker, rather than the refurbished silver sticker)

Would anyone know how much this particular example would be? (I'll provide photos tomorrow) I look forward to hearing all of your responses!

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

Reactions: Jerich0

Doubles Advocate

Donator
Donator
Registered
Oct 27, 2019
AGName
Don't remember
AG Join Date
Some time after 2016 I think?
I'd say probably around $400 USD max. If you can get the DVD drive working maybe more like $500 max. Working examples with some accessories are currently listed on buyee for about ~$290 USD.
Are you sure the controller is specifically a PSX model and not just a white PS2 controller? If I'm correct the difference is that the PSX controllers are 4M long.

FromAllAspects

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
FromAllAspects
AG Join Date
December 7th, 2017
I'd say probably around $400 USD max. If you can get the DVD drive working maybe more like $500 max. Working examples with some accessories are currently listed on buyee for about ~$290 USD.
Are you sure the controller is specifically a PSX model and not just a white PS2 controller? If I'm correct the difference is that the PSX controllers are 4M long.
Hi Doubles Advocate,

That sounds fair. They would be worth next to nothing if the hard drive failed. Hahaha.

I can assure you, it is the genuine four metre long PSX controller. I've compared it against my black PlayStation 2 ones.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

Reactions: Doubles Advocate

Doubles Advocate

Donator
Donator
Registered
Oct 27, 2019
AGName
Don't remember
AG Join Date
Some time after 2016 I think?
Yeah, new/open box ones I see being listed on buyee all the time for about $800 USD but I don't think they're selling for that price. The unit is just too damn unreliable to be worth a massive amount of money. If you're in the NA/EU it might fetch more than $400/$500 due to the lower shipping price when compared to a unit in japan but either way shipping isn't going to be cheap simply due to the weight of the damn thing lol. As a sidenote I do see people listing the update discs for about ~$70 USD fairly often but I'm not sure if they ever get any bids

Make a donation