Here are some links you may find helpful

Dreamcast Soul Reaver 2

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
There were dozens of great games that were unfortunately canceled and would have been great on the system. I still find it amazing completed games like Half-Life and Propeller Arena were not just pushed out the door and at least put on market since so close to release date. Propeller Arena could have simply had the offending city level removed, not hard! I guess they figured production and distribution costs were too great to justify even if they made a decent profit.

However this one was canceled midway during development for sure since the game didn't come out for PS2 and PC until 9 months after the announcement of the cancellation of the system. So if any builds ever surface, they will be far from complete.

Reactions: Alevat

accel99

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Accel99
AG Join Date
March 28 2008
There were dozens of great games that were unfortunately canceled and would have been great on the system. I still find it amazing completed games like Half-Life and Propeller Arena were not just pushed out the door and at least put on market since so close to release date. Propeller Arena could have simply had the offending city level removed, not hard! I guess they figured production and distribution costs were too great to justify even if they made a decent profit.

However this one was canceled midway during development for sure since the game didn't come out for PS2 and PC until 9 months after the announcement of the cancellation of the system. So if any builds ever surface, they will be far from complete.

While its true what you said this game might have actually had quite a few areas finished by the looks of it. The one of the first preview they released was before the cancellation of the dreamcast version, they stated the footage was ps2 version but stated the dc version looks the same. Seems they probably had the beginning somewhat done. See for yourself. This was released just before they cancelled it.

Reactions: Alevat

Alevat

Original poster
Registered
Jun 19, 2020
AGName
Alevat
AG Join Date
19-06-2020
Well technically you can play something that would be close to the dreamcast version. Someone on another forum made this comparison but the PlayStation underground jampack 2001 summer demo contains early version of soul reaver 2 called the air forge demo. The comparison showed that the stage models look identical to dreamcast version but the lighting was changed to match the final version. So its a hybrid of dc version model and ps2 lighting. The final ps2 version has more things added to the stage and the moon is missing. So play that if you wanna at least get a sneak peek.

Dreamcast version:
Soul_Reaver_2_Dreamcast-DC-Air-03.JPG

Ps2 air forge demo:
latest

Ps2 final :
Demo-Air_Forge-Air_Forge-Retail-01.JPG
I was play all version soul reaver who has been avaliable and found to this day.
Like I know team "The lost Worlds" and have contact from someone of his team and help.

I was play air forge demo and tested debug mode too, I have plans to do of course some material about air forge demo debug and reavers, but this will be need wait.

About "deleted reavers" Rain Audron's friend (credit for - AesirHod) is also working on one thing that is being done in the soul reaver 2 pc version.
And I will show you these screenshots some
1605910839675.png1605910859143.png1605910909833.png1605910979443.png

Attachments

• 1605910859368.png
    1605910859368.png
    696.4 KB · Views: 0

Alevat

Original poster
Registered
Jun 19, 2020
AGName
Alevat
AG Join Date
19-06-2020
While its true what you said this game might have actually had quite a few areas finished by the looks of it. The one of the first preview they released was before the cancellation of the dreamcast version, they stated the footage was ps2 version but stated the dc version looks the same. Seems they probably had the beginning somewhat done. See for yourself. This was released just before they cancelled it.

One person who has been work on "legacy of kain" told that "air forge" was complete on dc version and few areas too but no more.
His name is "Daniel Cabuco".

Reactions: accel99

Alevat

Original poster
Registered
Jun 19, 2020
AGName
Alevat
AG Join Date
19-06-2020
"Daniel Cabuco" he even did live shows where you could see projects that were never really shown to the public.
Namely, one of them was "spirit glpyh" (retail version).
The line marked in red is the spirit glyph retail version

1605911535866.png

and it is more and this concept art is official

1605911600167.png1605911608335.png1605911614250.png
even dark prophecy
1605911635192.png
It's not even 100% everything what I send

So you can see, the game was still so much hide from us and not even sr2 dc or just sr2 but anothers episodes too.
I wish we will get some prototypes soon

Alevat

Original poster
Registered
Jun 19, 2020
AGName
Alevat
AG Join Date
19-06-2020
@Xaeroxcore @accel99
Hi again!
As you know or maybe not, I have had a youtube channel for a long time.
And I have series "All trailer" which was also made for series - legacy of kain.

A Compilation of Legacy of Kain trailers and footage of early builds by Alevat [Me] V2

I has meticulously compiled all trailers and other early footage of LoK games into just a few videos. They contain extremely hard to come across footage that was compiled into easily accessible videos. The videos are extremely insightful and showcase some additional early footage that I've never seen before.
So yea this is v2 - check out!

Link playlist :

or if you just simply want only saw sr2 (there's more gameplay sr2 dc very more and not only...)

Alevat

Last edited:
Reactions: NeoSnk

Alevat

Original poster
Registered
Jun 19, 2020
AGName
Alevat
AG Join Date
19-06-2020
New 2 photo (one with no text and full image) and one other (i don't know if it was saw).
1608487218952.png
1608487227270.png
1608487250725.png
I found a few entries on twitter which showed, among others, such "entries" as in the last photo. Interestingly, there was one entry where even one person wrote that the description of this auction contained "unrelease sr2". And such entries were from 2015 to 2016. But after entering the link redirects to the auction with sr dc (not 2) but the tab name points to "sr2 dc". How much truth is there?
Can it be the same auction, but changed with another part of the game ? Who knows.
It's hard to say, I wonder if such an auction took place and if someone actually sold a real copy.

1608487758283.png

Reactions: Americandad

Make a donation