Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

PS1 Speed Freaks/ Speed Punks early build??

Ichisuke

Original poster
Registered
Jul 22, 2019
AGName
Ichisuke
AG Join Date
June 19, 2009
Hi there. I clearly remember this review/preview on an old magazine(italian magazine) with screenshots of the game having coca cola banners in the race.
Tried to look around but nothing came out.
If someone have some info about it.... Thanks
I played this game a lot back at the time and still have it :)

Reactions: HermitTheHog

Ichisuke

Original poster
Registered
Jul 22, 2019
AGName
Ichisuke
AG Join Date
June 19, 2009
Just to update this. I've found out there is a fully playable alpha version that uses advertisement in game from brands like Bridgestone and Coca-Cola. Probably just placeholders that later were removed.

Goodman

Donator
Donator
Registered
Sep 3, 2019
Donations
£46.00
Just to update this. I've found out there is a fully playable alpha version that uses advertisement in game from brands like Bridgestone and Coca-Cola. Probably just placeholders that later were removed.
Hi,

I have a rental beta version of Speed freaks that has minor differencies on stage selection and menu screen but i can't bypass libcrypt protection, i tried to dump with clonecd as protected cd game and does nothing after second time again on loading screen. i heard about alpha build that was leaked much years but too i can't find it nowhere.

Reactions: HermitTheHog

Ichisuke

Original poster
Registered
Jul 22, 2019
AGName
Ichisuke
AG Join Date
June 19, 2009
Finally i removed libcrypt protection from tutorial clonecd method 4 from an site and it works!
Here you can see some difference too in data exe files :)View attachment 9848
Oh wow! And are you able or is it possible to release this somewhere or what?

Anyway I have the alpha version but still I don't know if I can release this thing online or not....

Reactions: Goodman

Goodman

Donator
Donator
Registered
Sep 3, 2019
Donations
£46.00
Oh wow! And are you able or is it possible to release this somewhere or what?

Anyway I have the alpha version but still I don't know if I can release this thing online or not....
Yes i will upload it for you in private message :)
If you want send me this alpha version too in private,
i don't release the alpha nowhere :)

MisterEnthusiastOG

Jun 5, 2019
speed-freaks.fandom.com
AGName
MisterEnthusiast
AG Join Date
March 16th, 2011
Oh God, how did I miss this?! I have a copy of the European rental beta (and also bought a region-modded PS1 so that I could play it), and I know that CrystalFissure did a playthrough of the Alpha version with commentary (though I wish that he would reupload the footage without commentary).

Make a donation