Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
Donations
£7.46
AG Join Date
Jan 22, 2017
Thought I'd dust the cobwebs off these forums and create a thread for the recently released prototypes of Spyro: Year of the Dragon, and any further releases onward. Prototypes outside of the released ones must have their own thread.

Released Prototypes include:
Previewable - April 25th, 2000
Reviewable - September 4th, 2000
The list will be updated as more released builds surface.

What are some things you enjoyed about these prototypes? My favorites have included the new early music found in the April 25th build. That early Frozen Altars and the unheard Lost Fleet tracks are absolute bops. It was also great playing Spyro 3 at an earlier pointed in development than even the demo included in the Crash Bash/Spyro 3 demo disc, even to seeing that elusive fountain in Sunny Villa and the placeholder dialogue throughout. I still need to play the review build, but I've heard it's neat.

Discuss away!

Reactions: hwd405

ItsMeMario

Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
ItsMeMario
AG Join Date
Feb 11, 2014
I rarely visit here anymore... :/

So I read "Spyro Prototype Megadrive" :'(

^^

Spaceman

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Oct 18, 2018
AG Join Date
Jul 11, 2017
This and almost every other piece of placeholder dialogue:
Spyro3-Apr25Preview-6.png

On a properly serious note: The cut enemies, and the unique Lost Fleet track. Spyro 3's confusing OST omissions (until Rev. 1) still make me scratch my head, and then Lost Fleet's track going entirely unused for the final? Makes me wonder how they handled the music for the development of Spyro3, as retail release is an absolute mess. Maybe they were still finalising the soundtrack? Who knows.

Reactions: mementomori

Make a donation