Ported from megavolt85 code, thanks for his enthusiastic help

Thanks to megavolt85 for helping to make the GDI format and cover

Thanks to megavolt85 sonic3D for technical guidance

DOWNLOAD

cmd for insert settings from demul:
Code:
dd if=sushibar.sram of=track03.iso bs=2048 seek=18941 count=6

video test

Again, this awesome release comes to us by the amazing yzb! I am only posting for others to see.

P.S. This is also actually our very first unreleased game on the Atomiswave brought over to Dreamcast from a leaked build. Hopefully the others like Chase 1929 and Premier Eleven are leaked publicly so we can have them as well. The other 2 remaining unreleased games which were dumped are Force Five and Kenju.

MetalliC

Registered
Jun 28, 2019
AGName
MetalliC
AG Join Date
This is also actually our very first unreleased game on the Atomiswave brought over to Dreamcast from a leaked build.
lolwat ? who told you that "leaked" bullshit?

MetalliC

Registered
Jun 28, 2019
AGName
MetalliC
AG Join Date
When an unreleased game is made available, I usually equate that with the term "leaked".
ah, sorry then. but, things are different in arcade world, so called "location test" builds usually sent or sold to operators, and in many cases not returned back to developers, so years later we may discover these versions of released or unreleased games at 2nd hand markets. they not "leak" in the way you probably thinking, developers themselves spreading them around for testing.
in this specific case, the source of AW stuff was ebay seller known as "ulalajko", who rumored landlord of former Sega/Sammy US office and (still) selling a lot of arcade hardware, presumable trashed by Sega/Sammy.

also, do not trust Wikipedia and other sources, as far as I know Premier Eleven and Chicago/Chase 1929 had limited release in several US regions, you may find dedicated cabinets photos in the net. I'm personally tend to think these games just very rare and was manufactured in quite low numbers, but not "unreleased".

Anthony817

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Yeah just the terminology I normally use. I have seen somebody with the full Chase 1929 cabinet showing it off in a video. If more of those exist I would have expected them to be dumped by now I would think. But that is not always the case, all collectors are not altruistic and want to dump and release games like that for the greater good of the community. I did also see that some people said there were some machines made for Premier Eleven for sure. Hopefully those 2 remaining games are dumped. We sure could use those titles on the Dreamcast as they are popular genres.

From what researching I have done digging around the net I seen that Chase 1929 has been dumped and apparently repro carts made that the person was sitting on for the past 3 years. Not sure of that is true, why would somebody go to the effort to do that unless they were planning on selling the original official one and later selling copies for a profit?

MetalliC

Registered
Jun 28, 2019
AGName
MetalliC
AG Join Date
the story is: ~4years ago was formed group of 3 persons (really) interested in AW games preservation. there was done such tasks:
  • research and documenting of AW hardware
  • development of "non invasive" AW cart dumping equipment and tools
  • getting all known unreleased and prototypes of released games cartridges
  • dumping them
as you may imagine, direct costs was huge - prototypes are quite pricey, "unreleased" games may be even more expensive, like this one for example - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Premier-El...Atomiswave-JAMMA-Arcade-Neo-Geo-/392465558663
not saying about indirect costs (i.e. spent work time, equipment etc), which was huge too.

there was plans to recover at least some of costs by developing and selling reproductions of these games, and then release all the dumps. but, so far it doesn't happened, atm the project is in frozen state.
I'm one of these 3 persons...

PS: speaking of "community", which theoretically may help in this or similar projects - sadly, there is none, but just a bunch of kids jumping around who want to play teh geams for free.

Anthony817

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Ah so you were one of the guys who was in the loop with this? That is cool. So what is the deal why haven't the repro carts been sold? Surely those would be bought by people if they were sold for a reasonable price one would think. I can totally understand wanting to recoup costs, as we here all know too well that unreleased prototype games tend to cost the most money.

Make a donation