Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Test Drive Cycles Dreamcast (Unreleased)

thedoctor45

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
Thanks for getting another lost Dreamcast game out there.

The fundraiser for the community release is now also available at gofundme:

take care
doc

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Super hyped for this one!

thedoctor45

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
Thanks for sharing the files Fatalist, and thanks again to everyone who donated to make this release possible.

There's actually some good news regarding the content of the disc.
I've just looked through the files and it seems there are at least 11 full tracks included in the game.
maybe it's possible to load them up somehow.

There're also config files containing paths to various sound & music files but the actual sound files seem to be missing in this build.

The game does seem to accept wav files btw, so it should be possible to add some replacements and maybe get sound working after all.

i think with a bit of luck & effort, this could probably be made into a semi-playable game...

Last edited:

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Wow thanks so much! This is such fantastic news that 11 tracks are included on the disc! I would bet somebody could maybe get them working.

And um, guys... This is another Windows CE game! Tons of modding potential!

Also seems there are over 40 bikes in the files too! Additionally there are many .ini files which can be easily edited with notepad! Stuff like camera position and controls ect.

zR10QNF.png

Edit: Well looks like by simply renaming the folders PCWzrd13 was able to load up other tracks.

Last edited:

SiZiOUS

Registered
May 30, 2019
www.sizious.com
AGName
SiZiOUS
AG Join Date
Mar 27, 2009
The default loaded track is the DC track, indeed you may rename the original DC directory to load another track.

The default loaded bike seems to be the HD_FTBOY bike, I tried to rename to a BMW bike but the game crashes. No time to try another bike for now.

Note: This great topic should be moved to Prototopia and/or uploaded to Hidden Palace!

Attachments

• HKONG.png
    HKONG.png
    463 KB · Views: 0
  • EASYRACE.png
    EASYRACE.png
    428.7 KB · Views: 0

stranno

Registered
Mar 28, 2020
AGName
stranno
Any advice on how to repack the game?

I'm a little rusty with DC tools. I've tried GDIBuilder but image doesnt boot on GDEmu, so I guess I'm doing it wrong :unsure:

Nvm: I figured it out, truncated images dont work.

Last edited:

thedoctor45

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
Thanks for the CDI version darcagn, I've messed with the files a bit and made separate images for each playable track in the game - you can grab them over here:

Make a donation