Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

NES The 'Arcade' Advantage (NES Advantage) - Requesting a Little Help to Get Started

MonkeyWrench

Original poster
Apr 2, 2021
I'm looking to take an old NES Advantage Controller and attempting to Modify it to use an 'Arcade' Joystick.

I have some skill in soddering and craftsmanship; though I don't know where to exactly start.
As for why I'm doing this; I thought it would be an interesting project to pull off as the NES advantage was already built to simulate this; I'm just wanting to take it a level up above and if I can succeed, see if I can apply it to other older controllers of the same type as well.

Though I've never work with Arcade part's before nor do I know what would be best to use for this kind of project. I tinker a lot, though a rough idea what I should look into to get started might be ideal. Such as the type of Joystick and what not.

MonkeyWrench

Original poster
Apr 2, 2021
IronSword: Wizzards and Warriors II, Battletoads, Capcom's Trojan, Star Tropics, Galaga, Tetris 2, Dr. Mario, Tetris and if I can get it running; Doom.... Though the last one in the list might be a way's off once I can get the part's and tinker with this myself along with what's already been posted; if I succeed at this, I might use what I learn from here to apply it to other console's such as Sega Genesis's Arcade Power Stick 1 and 2. So on, so forth. I just think using the NES as a guinea pig or starting ground's to do a mod like this would be ideal since the NES isn't that complex of a system to start with.

RunWhiteboyRun

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
Donations
£10.00
My suggestion would be to start your work with a control that has more buttons, not less. Easier to scale down. Pickup a cheap fight stick that allows access to the innards and go to town.

Make a donation