Here are some links you may find helpful

Other The Custom Robo N64 prototype

TurboDrowsy

Original poster
Jan 25, 2021
AGName
AssemblerGamers.com
Greetings ObscureGamers.

Recently, someone managed to bring this Custom Robo (64) Prototype to my attention.

Seeing as how it was sold last year in 2020 june-july, I wanted to do some digging.

However, not only did google and yahoo japan results leave me empty handed, but that tweet seems to have been the only mention of it anywhere on the Internet. The tweet claims it was sold for the price of 500-600 USD and 3 bids.

My hope is to hope somebody out there knows where this prototype is right now, and hopefully get more information on it.

Thank you.
EcCHK6bUMAAulcH.jpegEcCHW0cUMAAVk8o.jpeg

TurboDrowsy

Original poster
Jan 25, 2021
AGName
AssemblerGamers.com
Update: Some good news! It does appear the exact cart has managed to get into the hands of Andrew Earley. My apologies, as because of how little documentation there is on this game, I assumed the buyer would be anywhere in Japan. I'll be asking him if he still has the cart just in case.

(and no, I think this is good enough for now.)

What about asking that guy on Twitter for more information?
I doubt Cabel could've had much info given this twitter thread was looking over recent auctions on Yahoo Japan from around that time.

Reactions: buttered_toast

TurboDrowsy

Original poster
Jan 25, 2021
AGName
AssemblerGamers.com
Update: Andrew Earley does not have it. But he does say that person who owns it is taking good care of it. He has it dumped, and when he will release it is up to him.

Although the rom is "close to final", a prototype for Custom Robo is still rarity these days.
Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 2.45.22 PM.png

ItsMeMario

Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
ItsMeMario
AG Join Date
Feb 11, 2014
What the...that twitter account is filled with rare goodies, woah ! :'D

What is this Mario Land 2 TOMY thingy ? @[email protected]

Make a donation