• Hey, Guest!

XenForo 2.2 is coming soon, it's bringing many new features such as a PWA app for OG etc. It also comes with the drawback of more costs to update themes/some addons. It'll also remove access to some older browsers which'll suck but these shouldn't be used as their security sucks.

With the costs already looming we decided to improve OG's look with a new fancy theme that gives OG a more gamer feel. This has cost us only slightly more than it would have cost to renew the current theme and runs alot nicer.

You can beta test it here: Linky. (Please note only dark is live, light will come once issues are ironed out.)

If the current theme breaks on update we will end of life it, but we'll make something looking similar based on the default free theme so don't fret!

The Eternally Stupid Game (Unnamed Platformer-RPG)

segaloco

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
segaloco
AG Join Date
20...08?
Just wanted to share a project I've been working on, something that will eventually become a 5th-gen-ish platformer, perhaps with some RPG elements in the form of Chrono Trigger-y in-world battles. Not sure yet, mainly focused on building an engine at this point:

I've also got a port of this to the Saturn that is unplayable...I'm going to update to more recent versions of the SGL/SBL libraries and give it a spin again soon though.

System requirements should be light, nothing newer than OpenGL 1.1, builds on Windows and Linux, although one build or the other breaks on dev variably. I'm not frequent with updates but commit stuff in random packets. I eventually want to port this to N64 and PSX as well as proof of concepts, but need to get Saturn working fully before I know if this is feasible.

Controls are typical WSAD for movement, space for jump, Q to quit. I think all of the builds I've published are release builds, I dunno, but debug always runs windowed, release is fullscreen. There are some debug commands, they're up to you to discover.

No idea where this'll go, I do want to try and design some development tools based on the same rendering engine, but with a form around the OpenGL surface and controls around to position the camera, objects, etc...

Slow goings though, as is the case with hobby projects...

P.S. if you run a weird system like FreeBSD or a non-x86 or something and manage to compile this let me know, I do have a keen interest in keeping this as portable as possible. Very soon I'll be implementing a cgl context for legacy Apple devices.