Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

The games inside our heads that'll probably never get made.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
You play as many games as I have and you start to get game ideas. I think we all have and over the last 20 years I've had a few gestating in my head I feel like sharing.
I'm not a programmer, and I'm not an artist. Mario Marker 2 is really my only credit as a level designer. But some of these games I want made.

Fatal Bust- It's not a game I'm even really trying to get made, But around the time of Dead or Alive 3 and Tekken 4, I had the idea to do those games...but with nudity, Namely wardrobe malfunctions. Now with more game knowledge I could describe it as a Dead or alive game with hints of Variable Geo with out the rapiness. It would have had an all female cast.

Hack n slash game ala Bayonetta/Ninja Gaiden Under many names.- this has been in my head since the XBOX Ninja Gaiden. Originally the protagonist was a generic Ninja who wasn't unlike Deadpool in his 4th wall breaking and humor, just alot more dead pan with his delivery. More recently the idea has evolved to star A pair of Haifu (Japanese/Irish) twins Akira, a Psychiatrist who speaks with an Irish Cork Accent and her twin Brother Akemi, who has an educational doctorate. I can't describe everything, just that I want them to be in the most utterly batshit insane game ever made like a Suda 51 game on amphetamines crossed with Ninja Gaiden. With Akira being a Psychiatrist there could be a therapy mini game. The twins combat style would be based around Kukishin-ryū

A Magical girl homage to Jet Set Radio- It's Jet Set Radio, with Magical girls. It takes place in the same universe as the Hack n slash game starring Akemi's teenage daughter and her friends.

The 4th game is another fighting game set in the same universe as the two games above with some sort of grappling mechanic to set it apart from every other fighting game to have ever been made.

How about you guys? What unmade cult classics are floating around in your heads?

Last edited:

TreblaYevrah

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 28, 2019
Donations
£20.56
timelesslunchbox.boards.net
AGName
TreblaYevrah
AG Join Date
Jul 15, 2011
As far as fighting games go, I've always thought the idea of a game that focuses on long, grueling one-on-one matches would be interesting. The usual thing in fighting games is to take down your opponent as quickly as possible, but I think long drawn out epic battles would be awesome. They'd progressively get more damaged as the match goes on... and I'm talking Rocky film levels by the end of it. Less focus on clothes being torn off (like DOA), and more on injuries. It wouldn't be best two out of three or whatever... just one long, brutal match.

Also wish "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater CREATE (Or Tony Hawk's Pro Creator)" was a thing that got made before the franchise died. Just one that focuses completely on the creation aspects of the series, so fans could keep making interesting levels/goals for years to come. Granted, the creation functionality of THUG 1 and 2 is pretty deep... but it could be pushed further these days.

Ergot

Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
Ergot_Cholera
AG Join Date
Aug 2, 2012
Gilmore Girls.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
I take your Gilmore girls and raise you one FB_IMG_1576102326221.jpg

sammyrms1

May 30, 2019
AGName
sammyrms1
AG Join Date
Nov 1, 2014
I was thinking of a Gal*Gun RPG, similar to Undertale or Deltarune, where you play as a student with any name you can give him, following a plot similar to Double Peace (Guy gets shot by love arrows, causing the almost all the girls to fall in love with him, but others want to dominate him). Shinobu & Maya would obviously be the main characters, as well as the angels Patako, Ekoro, Risu, and a new angel from the same school. There would also be some alumni from the first game such as Tenzou, Aoi, Kaname, Akira and Kaoruko. The objective is he and his allies have to stop Kurona and her juvenile supporters from causing trouble at Sakurazaki Academy and other schools around it. The endings will depend on how much affinity your allies have.

Last edited:

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
There is definitely more that can be done with Galgun. I have a soft spot for these games.

Make a donation