• We have added an "AG" Registration date/Username profile option. If you add this upon signup we'll be able to verify faster thanks. (If already joined you can edit under profile settings.)

If you had an account on OG1 you will need to re-register as this is a new start for all.

The GREAT OG ROLL CALL thread!

karsten

Staff member
Reaction score
AG User Name
karsten
AG Join Date
Mar 4, 2014
As many of you already know, we have projects for this forums to avoid death by rot, keep users involved, push for community effort and invite more amazing people and users in!

The news are as follows:

We are inches close to getting the frontpage for the forum's ready!
We are going to make ample use of social networks (YouTube, Facebook, twitter, Instagram) to promote the most interesting community efforts, arts, pictures, you name it!

We are launching a User's ART Section for all your videogames artistic needs and for showing what you love.

As such we run a roll call! Our users and in some part really skilled individuals, and doing nothing with such skill, abilities, contacts has always been something i was mad about at AG forums.
Thanks to @Damien 's hard work we managed to get things we mods at AG asked for YEARS while never being listened to.

In short we are looking for people that can provide contents.

Name it; GUIDEs for Obscure peripherals, obsolete consoles, hardware.... Reviews of games (someone are already posting them), video contents, people that have betas, unreleased games can provide screens, pictures... People with connections can arrange some interviews.... The list goes on and on.

Also People experienced in video editing, photoshopping, correcting articles, able to get screen captures from various machines, people that can do voiceovers for video, translations from japanese.... The list of people that can be of help is very long. Almost everybody can post here and let us know how they can help!

This will grant the users to access a section on the forums that is hidden from the rest of the forum where all can contribute in making the contents ready, polished and nice enough to be placed in the front page and then pushed through the social networks (facebook, twitter).

So if you thing you can help post below here and let us know how you can be of help. @Damien will review the users and slowly add them to the hidden partso that work can start.

Let's make this place amazing. Let's make it so together.

karsten

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazzard

Sláinte!!!
Refugee
Reaction score
Thanks for all your efforts. Really enjoying this site so far...

"We are inches close to getting the frotpage for the forum's ready!"

Sorry though, Oh shit that reads terribly... :LOL:

"We are inching closer to getting the front page for the forums ready!"

Try that instead.

Damien

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
AG User Name
Demon
AG Join Date
Aug 11, 2008

karsten

Staff member
Reaction score
AG User Name
karsten
AG Join Date
Mar 4, 2014
Thanks for all your efforts. Really enjoying this site so far...

"We are inches close to getting the frotpage for the forum's ready!"

Sorry though, Oh shit that reads terribly... :LOL:

"We are inching closer to getting the front page for the forums ready!"

Try that instead.
English's not my first language as for many other users here, so in the roll call we have spell checkers too lol :D

Pinta77

Refugee
Reaction score
AG User Name
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
I do have some experience in video editing, I'm not the best by any means but if I can help, I'd love too. What are your expectations?

I also have a pretty solid understanding of SEO that could possibly help the YouTube channel

Reaction score
AG User Name
InsaneNutter
AG Join Date
Dec 9, 2010
English's not my first language as for many other users here, so in the roll call we have spell checkers too lol :D
To be fair your English is really good for a second language. My spelling / grammar isn’t the best. Thankfully I can hide that pretty well these days as most devices have a spell checker lol.

AS918

Refugee
Reaction score
Allow me to start this info sharing: Shadowboots for XDKs and Test Kits are different, are signed with different keys. This means for anyone wanting to play retail games on Test Kits, you'd need to sign that Shadowboot image with the test key (which is unknown) (or reset glitch the system, but at that point, you might as well have destroyed the dev kit, because they're valuable pieces of history, not to mention that at that point, you could just do anything, since you own SB and up.), or you'd have to dump the game, and resign it for retail.

Oh also trust evaluation of boot stages for dev kits is done via signature checks rather than hash checks (since hash checking means there can be only one valid SC image per SB, and the same SB version was often used across recoveries).

and for new people around, yes, dev kits can downgrade. They don't blow any fuses in fuseline 02 or 07-11 so LDV is not a problem.

Last edited:

Morphic

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have extensive knowledge in image editing, image manipulation and graphics design. I would like to offer my services.

FamilyGuy

Refugee
Reaction score
AG Join Date
March 3, 2007
I'm fairly knowledgable on GD-R(om)s and selbooting Dreamcast games.
I also know my share of Python/C/C++ if some specific need arise in other projects.

I also have quite a few years of experience with the LaTeX typesetting language, if there's need to format a professional looking PDF with internal hrefs and stuff for a guide or something.

I know quite a lots of physics/mathematics too, if there's ever the need to vulgarise stuff like how a transistor works or error correction. (I even used to help some AG user with their Physics homework on the chat)

neo

Refugee
Reaction score
AG User Name
Mrneo240
AG Join Date
06/08/2010
I have a handful of dreamcast, gdemu, capture cards and such.

I could help with that if you're interested. I know nothing about video editing, but I enjoy doing (admittedly, low-tier quality) streams.

Also, I like writing code for stuff in a variety of languages.

Chaotic Mind

AG Refugee Retro Brony
Refugee
Reaction score
AG User Name
sonicdude10
AG Join Date
Jan 17, 2012
I'm a legend at editing text if someone is needed for content grammar editing.

EDIT: I also run the official Dreamcast GDROM EMU community if you need something from me in that regard.

karsten

Staff member
Reaction score
AG User Name
karsten
AG Join Date
Mar 4, 2014
When @Damien comes from hos well earned rest I'm sure he'll be busy sending invites ?

Pazzard

Sláinte!!!
Refugee
Reaction score
I have extensive knowledge in image editing, image manipulation and graphics design. I would like to offer my services.
So do I, I also have extensive knowledge of handling graphic designers :LOL:

neo

Refugee
Reaction score
AG User Name
Mrneo240
AG Join Date
06/08/2010
I'm a legend at editing text if someone is needed for content grammar editing.

EDIT: I also run the official Dreamcast GDROM EMU community if you need something from me in that regard.
I actually will soon.

Gameboi64

procrastinating loser
VIP
Reaction score
AG User Name
Gameboi64
AG Join Date
Jan 30, 2015
I can write reviews, edit video, upload them to a tiny youtube channel i a lot of the time don't think about, also bitchute which is basically blockchain video, i can try ps2 dev stuff, I can do all sorts of things. PS2 being my specialty. Most of my videos will be a camera pointed at a screen with the sound usually being drowned out by one fan or another but that's what you get when you're a cheapass like me.

speedyink

Refugee
Reaction score
I plan to make more videos about my obscure stuff I haven't covered yet to share. I also want to make a couple videos for repair/modification, though probably low in number. I enjoy editing videos and doing camera work, I just don't have a capture setup so the actual capturing of footage probably isn't the best of jobs for me.
I'm also available for some sleuth work. Paul entrusted me with one of this .rom files for me to research, with a combination of playing the game and contacting a developer I was able to shed some light on an otherwise undocumented game.
I was also tasked with figuring out the proper power supply for the GBA TS2 prototype board. Using my electrical knowledge and also researching the crap out of it I was able to safely determine the correct power adapter and fix the blown fuse on the board from having the wrong one plugged in.

I'm not crazy pro at this stuff, But I do enjoy helping document/uncover obscure gaming stuff, just want to help if I can.

RtFM

Refugee
Reaction score
AG User Name
RtFM
AG Join Date
Feb 18, 2017
I do have some knowledge in XDK 360s, SB and Recovery Hacking like TheFallen93 did and will publish some guides here soon.

karsten

Staff member
Reaction score
AG User Name
karsten
AG Join Date
Mar 4, 2014
Lots of promising skills! Keep them coming!

Btw can you guys see the art section or is it still hidden?