The Resident Evil 1.5 Thread .

Moondog

Registered
Jun 12, 2019
AGName
Moondog
AG Join Date
Nov 21, 2010
Unfortunately, it appears that people have lost interest in prototypes of old Resident Evil games. There just isn't much new information out there and no-one has come forward. I really do hope the 80% build comes to light. There are also the TGS/ E3 builds of RE3, an 11/17 build of RE1, an IGN build of the Game Boy Color port, TGS/ E3 builds of RE0 for the N64, and probably a couple of others out there.

ItsMeMario

Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
ItsMeMario
AG Join Date
Feb 11, 2014
I rarely visit here anymore and it seems I forogt about everything assembler related...which is sad.

RE 1.5 was "fanmade", combining lots of official (unused) stuff ?

Reactions: Moondog

ReindeerNomad

Registered
Oct 25, 2020

If there was a fanmade 1.5 I missed it, which would be neat. :)

IIRC the 1.5 Proto was the original RE2 where Claire was instead Elza Walker or something. Leon was still there IIRC, it was shown around to tradeshows and such, but Capcom decided to change it and recycled a lot of stuff into RE2 final IIRC.

Who still holds out hope that one day, the 80%, close to final build will be released?

That would be killer. :) I would definitely be excited, had so many interesting changes. Was super excited for that coming to the N64, still holding out that it'll be dumped someday. ;)

Moondog

Registered
Jun 12, 2019
AGName
Moondog
AG Join Date
Nov 21, 2010
Just found of that there is a Sample Ver. 02/08 localization build of RE1 available on the Internet Archive. I believe this is the second debug build which was mentioned in the original leak.

ReindeerNomad

Registered
Oct 25, 2020
Just found of that there is a Sample Ver. 02/08 localization build of RE1 available on the Internet Archive. I believe this is the second debug build which was mentioned in the original leak.
Super cool, thanks for the tip. I will check out this build. :)

pato

Registered
Jan 20, 2019
I rarely visit here anymore and it seems I forogt about everything assembler related...which is sad.

There's the vanilla version which is even more glitchy and crash proning, but it's untouched, so yes, there's RE1.5 but no signal of other builds, the only time it was discovered was back in 99 at Bioflames forum, seems that one Capcom employee was sharing photos to the staff and suddenly the contact was cut, Capcom may had found out and warned him.

I vaguely remember a story that someone was claiming to own RE0 64 Catridge, apparently it was legit, but Capcom went after the person and everything was cut off.

Moondog

Registered
Jun 12, 2019
AGName
Moondog
AG Join Date
Nov 21, 2010
There's the vanilla version which is even more glitchy and crash proning, but it's untouched, so yes, there's RE1.5 but no signal of other builds, the only time it was discovered was back in 99 at Bioflames forum, seems that one Capcom employee was sharing photos to the staff and suddenly the contact was cut, Capcom may had found out and warned him.

I vaguely remember a story that someone was claiming to own RE0 64 Catridge, apparently it was legit, but Capcom went after the person and everything was cut off.

It's always very disappointing when this happens. Anything related to this series should be leaked without talking about it. The RE0 cart was owned by someone on the old Assembler forums. A cart does exist in the hands of a European collector, but they wanted tens of thousands for it. Another build is the Resident Evil 2 beta with debug and Claire as a playable character, shown in an old GameSpot video. For some reason, I really want to see a RE3 debug, especially with the alternative portrait of Jill used at E399.

ReindeerNomad

Registered
Oct 25, 2020

Here you go a bootleg of 1.5

Moondog

Registered
Jun 12, 2019
AGName
Moondog
AG Join Date
Nov 21, 2010
There was a recent leak of Capcom stuff due to a ransomware attack. Among the data was the PlayStation source code to The Misadventures of Tron Bonne. Apparently the leakers got a lot more and could have early Resident Evil material. I won't link to anything here since it would be illegal, but I do hope we see something cool.

TreblaYevrah

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 28, 2019
Donations
£20.56
timelesslunchbox.boards.net
AGName
TreblaYevrah
AG Join Date
Jul 15, 2011
I will always be fascinated with the Resident Evil/Biohazard prototypes. I do think the amount of drama surrounding some of that over the years is a bit much, but when the builds actually leak it's very cool to investigate. The version of Resident Evil 1.5 that got leaked at all was pretty amazing to look at. Unfinished, yes, but at least you can appreciate the assets and whatnot that were made for it.

Lately I've been interested in revisiting the Biohazard 0 Trial Edition on Gamecube, and maybe making some new discoveries (hacking). I have a particular fascination with released demos that have a wealth of content left on disc. Even the Devil May Cry Trial Edition that was packaged with Code Veronica in Japan is something I feel Biohazard fans haven't looked into deeply enough. I myself spent some time hacking it years ago, but it would be cool if somebody found something directly linking it to Resident Evil in that earlier build.

caoimhin

Jun 10, 2019
AGName
upaluppa
AG Join Date
May 2, 2012
T
Oh yes, Carnivol released that one low key on archive. It's very close to final. Has English text, the item boxes are already interconnected and the flame thrower ammo in the tunnels gone.

All the files are placeholders using the Plant 42 text.
Some item placements like the emblem in the statue of the woman drawing water are still like in earlier builds.

The game can be completed and the end credits use that Japanese pop song but the other movies are censored already.

But still it's really cool to have what is almost a final build with full debug functionality.

toxtrepla

Registered
Jul 30, 2021
AGName
toxtrepla
AG Join Date
2/12/2011
Very cool. Need to check to that ASAP.

discworld

Registered
Feb 2, 2020
AGName
discworld
AG Join Date
you can get a huge magazine archive here: htt*s://resident-evil-virus.de/forum/index.php?thread/12838-resident-evil-1-5-scans/&postID=382991#post382991

Make a donation