• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The Sega Fish Life is being worked on!

Dracarys

DeChief's Eternal Master
Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone,

I've recently had the privilege to join a team dedicated to thoroughly research and document this rare piece of gaming history that is the Sega Fish Life.
For those who are not aware of the Fish Life, it is a piece of hardware based on the Sega Dreamcast that was exclusively sold to establishments such as hotels and restaurants in Japan. It consists of a main unit and a touch screen. It simulates fishes swimming in a tank that user can interact with using the screen.

Very little is known about the unit because of the rarity of it. We don't have an exact date of release or of the number of units sold.

Five different games were made for it and haven't been dumped yet.

This project has been made possible by the
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
. Please check our website and follow us on social media with the links at the bottom of this post.

I will post updates as soon as work is being done and that I'm allowed to share it.
In the meantime here is a little teaser image :joyful:

Stay tuned!

Links:

Last edited:

Dracarys

DeChief's Eternal Master
Staff member
Administrator
Oh man, that's awesome!
We are still looking for additional information if someone has it and this will definitely be a great help!

Dracarys

DeChief's Eternal Master
Staff member
Administrator
Big update!

It took us some time to get the Fish Life running properly. We could see it turning on and the disc was spinning but it was impossible to get a picture and the sound was garbled. We inspected everything but couldn't see any issue. We were very worried.

Hopefully a member of the museum found the issue, that we had completely missed! Small repairs were done and lo and behold, it works!

We were able to find a touch screen more or less compatible with the unit and played with it for a while.
A menu can be accessed using buttons behind the unit.

The Fish Life is also capable of running regular Dreamcast games by disconnecting a cable on the motherboard, but we have yet to try the controller ports that are inside the unit, as there are no external ones.

I also made a scan of the disc itself, so that you can finally see what it looks like. It is the Amazon version, one of the 5 games released.
There is still more information to be shared, so be sure to follow this thread!

Dracarys

DeChief's Eternal Master
Staff member
Administrator
We jus have this one as far as we know. For any Fish Life donation please contact me :happy: