Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
Donations
£7.46
AG Join Date
Jan 22, 2017
I've always noticed that out of the three games, Spyro 1 and 3 have had at least a couple of public sightings in terms of prototypes. Yet, Spyro 2 as far as I know has yet to have any discs show up. Why is this?

Have any discs show up for this game in the past? Are there any pictures, archives of listings, documentation, etc?

Discuss and share :)

Reactions: RZXspyro

hwd405

A9L Staff
A9L Staff
Donator
Registered
Jun 15, 2019
Donations
£25.00
AGName
hwd405
AG Join Date
Jul 7, 2016
There actually is a Spyro 2 PAL review build that I'm aware of. I would assume the reason that so few have come up is due to its relatively limited appearances in prerelease media, but honestly, it's probably more likely just down to the general scarcity of Spyro prototypes in general that one of the games would end up drawing the short straw. By my count there's only (publicly) 7 or 8 Spyro discs known to exist in the wild anyway, and since Spyro 1 happens to have the majority of them, it's inevitable that one of the other games would end up falling short.
That said, there's not been much action on Spyro 3's front yet, anyway.

mementomori

proto person
Original poster
A9L Staff
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
Donations
£7.46
AG Join Date
Jan 22, 2017
Ohh, makes sense considering the limited amount of prerelease materials there are in comparison to Spyro 1 and 3. Seems with 2 for whatever reason, Insomniac opted for the press to come to them to play the game more often than not. Could be another factor as to why we barely see discs for the game out there.

Very nice that a PAL review build is out in the wild. Hope it surfaces for us to check out soon.

Reactions: RZXspyro

RZXspyro

rzx
A9L Staff
Nov 17, 2020
I've always noticed that out of the three games, Spyro 1 and 3 have had at least a couple of public sightings in terms of prototypes. Yet, Spyro 2 as far as I know has yet to have any discs show up. Why is this?

Have any discs show up for this game in the past? Are there any pictures, archives of listings, documentation, etc?

Discuss and share :)
spyro 2 sucks, get spyro 3. too much sand

• Sad
Reactions: mementomori

hwd405

A9L Staff
A9L Staff
Donator
Registered
Jun 15, 2019
Donations
£25.00
AGName
hwd405
AG Join Date
Jul 7, 2016
Ohh, makes sense considering the limited amount of prerelease materials there are in comparison to Spyro 1 and 3. Seems with 2 for whatever reason, Insomniac opted for the press to come to them to play the game more often than not. Could be another factor as to why we barely see discs for the game out there.

Very nice that a PAL review build is out in the wild. Hope it surfaces for us to check out soon.
I've been keeping a close eye on it for a while, I'll see what I can do.

Reactions: mementomori

mementomori

proto person
Original poster
A9L Staff
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
Donations
£7.46
AG Join Date
Jan 22, 2017
Wish you the best of luck!

(also, if anyone here has anything Spyro 2 related, you are more than welcome to discuss it here)

Make a donation