Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

the unreleased resident evil code veronica x for dc

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
for example the scroling picures with X in options are colored pictures, but viewing it as pvr it shows black n white. maybe you take the pvr as is without worry about colors

Reactions: fafadou

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
for example the scroling picures with X in options are colored pictures, but viewing it as pvr it shows black n white. maybe you take the pvr as is without worry about colors
But if I extract the picture in black and white, I can't repack them with colors when I rebuild the pvr...

I still continue the RDX translation :

@truemaster I notice you start the english subtitle often before the jap in order to finish at the same adress and avoid patch of pointers, removing few 0x00 ? I don't understand why ? this area is not used ?

@Pitito I notice you have often a line of 0x00 in more than the japanese version, at the end of an pointer area ? Same thing as @truemaster why ? It adds useless datas...

Actually, I replace the text at the same area beginning than the japanese, and I don't add a 0x00 line.
It works well in game when I don't fail any calculating pointer ^^

I enjoy to go on :)

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
a lot of pvrs are english despite the fact that the game is only for japan. propably you need to edit more pvrs for francais texts. compare to what i did for english, so propaply you edit things that i didnt need or even touch, so maybe youre right. regarding rdx like i said some rdx have space 00 before the texts starts, that can be used for replace with larger texts it realy doent hurt. looks like you patch like type 2 you inject the source text directly to avaible japan text and expand the size of rdx. you like trouble cause that need all pointers to be edited. better do that if theres no space for the sake of your eyes. outside the text and the pointers i didnt touch anything else

Last edited:

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Yeah I'll have a look closer :)

Some differents info and request :
1)
I compared the two versions and the hands are exactly the same... :
recvx_steve.png
Just don't understand why capcom spend money for haircut and not for hands ^^ At least copy those of Chris.

2)
@truemaster I don't know if you notice it but for me your X intro before the main screen is in mono sound.

3) I have an issue I left out, I don't have a disc number during the loading save screen and the saving typewriter animation :
I don't have screencapture. It's write for example Claire /01/ area
In this both menu the "/01/" is missing...
Would you help me please ?

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
man whats the deal with hands lol. im sure 99.9% that the mising symbols /01/ its because of the font. try @Pitito or my system.afs and lets see

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
I'm so happy to say, the beta is done for disc I :)

I'm doing a run in order to see about 60Hz synchro during FMV. It's why I call it beta ^^

The intro FMV is good, all rdx are patched in french, all menu (even combat mode, thanks to @Pitito I had almost forget that).

man whats the deal with hands lol.

Yeah you can make fun of me, for sure ^^ it's because I played RECV when it was officially release and I notice the I didn't like Steve's square hands already at this time ^^

So I hope with the RECVX version it would be better but in fact not lol.

Finally I decide to keep Steve with his new haircut except in intro before start menu (I'll keep the RECV pal intro with the beautiful X at his end that you have fabulously improved dear @truemaster ).

Because the RECVX intro show simply the adds, and I don't like it.
In the RECV you have gunfight, screams, and espacially the end just before you could see Wesker's demon eyes. I love it.

I'll keep too, the Chris and Steve face in item menu.

It's the winks I want to do from RECV dreamcast exclusive version, I appreciated around 20 years ago :)

It's finally the time to enjoy the RECVX since five years we are working on it.

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
there are difference that are debatable on whitch wersion are better. having the open scene from original version is fine, ps2 complete version has the dc original opening, only diference is steave and the x in the end. gamecube and dc complete have the same video, the gamecube is little better regarding graphiks. @Pitito made it dc compatible. although the one i have is the first he made. the video end little suden. on his latest patch is a bit better. the other debetable part is on disk 2 some people (including me) like the beating wesker get from alexia better than the complete version. anyway when you finish cvx start nemesis remake good game

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Oh, a lot of people didn't like the nemesis remake because some scenes and are removed like the beffroi

Have you like shenmue III finally ? I just played the beginning. For me the game is fun.

I have a minor issue : in dreamcast bios the data save are still in english about the saving area. It's possible to patch it in french ?

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
re2 remake and re3 remake remove things and add things compare to their original games, re2 remake is superior to re 3 remake. but remake 3 is more faithfull remake to original, than remake 2 to its original. but still not bad games at all. shenmue 3 is good. but could be better. the english location when viewing the save in bios is my patch. but we did that together long ago dont you remember? if you make a hex compare to untouched japan.bin and the moded 1st bin you will see all the changes including the saves. then after you found the corect area you can copy paste the names coresponding to save locations from the france bin

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
I just notice something, in 99% of RDX files between ps2 and dreamcast version the part before text is exactly the same.

But In 1% the ps2 is a little bigger, I try it on the dreamcast file and it's exactly the same in game...

Do you know the utility about this first area ?

For mode combat menu, I have to patch it (comparing with french version) in order to have a good "player select" and "view select" text.

Because it was cut with french pvr, longer as other langages as too often times ^^

Else in general some of french dreamcast text is missing on ps2, in general it's only "nothing usefull" kind of text when we check a room.

I'm still playing through in order to debug it. What a wonderfull game :)

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
from expirience ps2 version has 2 maps with extra things to check (nothing serious) that are not on dc. ive seen some texts on some rdx that are not even used. looks like the create the texts first, and they decited latter what will use of them. the texts from original version can used on complete without worries exept some subtitles, the complete has either new videos or slightly different from original. but porting the texts from ps2 version is fine. espacialy in your case that you cant take the texts from original version for the extra or slight different stuff complete offer. also if you can make dc compatible the open movie from ps2 it will suit you better, since you dont like the one from complete

Last edited:

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
The first met between Claire and Wesker in frnt of the mansion in first disc is a RECVX exclusive ?
It's because I didn't find a RM_1002.RDX in the french datas...

I have a little problem with font and french caracters "œ", not exist in any font...
The number is 0x92 00 in ps2 data. All dreamcast font are empty at this location.

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
yes RM_1002.RDX is complete only rdx. you have to port texts from ps2-or gamecube version. i dont know about the "œ", thing

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
I've almost clear the first GD there is only to polish synchro left :)

I'm starting to translate the GD2, by rdx first.
Please @truemaster could you tell me a last time what files I have to replace by french in your gd2 release :
RDX pack
1ST_READ.BIN
system.afs (01.bin only ?)
ADV.AFS (01 to 05 ?)
MRY.AFS (01 to 06 ?)
ITEM.AFS (same as gd1 ?)
Others ?

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
1st_read.bin same as disc 1
system.afs same as disc1
adv.afs same as disc 1
mry.afs i think is the same havent touch this
sysmes.ald same as disc 1
item.afs extract disk 1 and disk 2 item afs. the disk 1 item.afs has 5 files in the end 768kb and disk 2 item. afs has 1 file 768kb in the end (they are the endings) simply delete the last 5 768kb files, and add the one from disk 2 item.afs repack and use it for disk 2
all the other files as is on kazenban 2nd disc. then the text patch in the rdxs

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
I thought, I could clear all the first disc and there is a last reluctant :)
When Alfred moves the tank, and run to his airplane, during explosions, I have a pointer issue here but I didn't refind it...
The music crash and the subtitles are not good.
Could you tell me what RDX is it please ?

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
youre very lucky i still have my rdx map.txt that covers whitch rdx is whitch map your rdx is either
rm 3230 or rm 3240 propably 3240.

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Yeah I see that, I just read his new quicky. Not sure if he has the 60Hz issue with FMV.
There is a difference between wesker and Alexia at the end between RECV and RECVX.

The two projects complement each other :)

Reactions: truemaster

Make a donation