Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

the unreleased resident evil code veronica x for dc

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Is there a tool like GDIEXPLORER to extract datas from gamecube isos please ?
When I try to mount it with daemon tool, it says me the iso is damage.
It's because the ps2 extra scene can't be extract with prsc and puyo tools...

Else I write the french text manually in hex, don't worry.

corrigo

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
corrigo
AG Join Date
Mar 1, 2009
Use Dolphin Emulator.
In the settings (Options>Configuration>Paths), define the folder where your isos are stored.
Then, right click>Properties on your game, select the FileSytem tab and right click again on the file/folder.

Reactions: fafadou

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
i dont know about gamecube isos. but since i have the ps2 version i know that the maps are all inside the big.afs extract the afs with afsutil just like the dc afs files. then the extracted files can be decompressed with prsc just like the rdx. dont hand set the texts it will be a pain

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
ISO buster is fantastic !
Unfortunately I have only english version for RECVX gamecube version I'm still looking for a french one.

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
for francais language you need pal version. there is no francaice pal version. all pal recvx versions ps2-gc are multi. if the one you have is usa then yes is only english

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Yes it's good, all version are mix, i could import french and sync them for FMV with jap. Still to find time to trying it.
It's fun gamecube datas are big endian format, fortunately there is some tool in hex edit software in order to split word bytes.

Last edited:

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
so the texts are not directly compatible? they need to converted to small endian?

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Yes it needs a little endian convert.
You have to split the bytes, at the beginning in double word 32 bit format and for the text itself in word 16bit format.
It takes no long.

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
how about ps2 ones? if you have trouble finding the coresponding map because all maps are in one image, how about starting the last dreamcast rdx and the last afs extracted ps2 map. and see if its a match

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
deunan said
One more thing, since it’s going so slow I figured maybe I should release the GDEMU FW in parts, first the fixes for SoA and RE:CV (since that’s pretty much done), and the OLED stuff later. A lot of people have been asking for those fixes lately and perhaps they don’t much care for the other changes. So I’m going to try and come up with something in the next two weeks.
fingers crossed

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
The PS2 rdx with french text can't be all extract... about ten.

But perhaps you could ? It looks they are pack in rdx like YZB did.
And two of them contain text that french recv version don't have...

For gdemu, it will be a good new thanks for sharing.

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
just to see i extract with afs util the big afs then i decompress the file_1 whitch match the rm_0000.rdx texts. i havent try decompress anything else.

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Two things :
I'm being to add a 0GDTEX.PVR in order to have image disc in bios menu and other ODE.
I try with an other game PVR and it works well, I believe some games like metroplis street racer doesn't support it.
Anyway the format must be in 0x00 color ARGB1555 but 0x02 format...
And my pvr is 0x01 09
How can I convert it ?
Here the pvr pack :

Last thing I find a new alignment issue, I don't find the rdx it's the one int he opposite lift when you are i front the manor (with water and a huge vase) in second disk ?
Do you have any idea of the rdx number please ?

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
rm 9130 is your rdx. i havent try to make 0GDTEX.PVR but i think original japanese version is the only version have one. maybe can this be a base of what you trying to do?

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
I'm checking both RDX 9130 and 9120 because the text is the same :
In 9120 RDX :
don't have time to try it yet but your text finish in 0x 3a92 adress, the alignement is not good here. It much end at 0x3a90 to respect alignement the space letter symbolize by hex code 0x01FF must be removed (anyway it's not used).
I used your rdx here to inject french text, I think the issue is here or at least one issue is here.

I'll post an edit for RDX 9130 :
EDIT the RDX9130 looks good.
Thanks for showing the RDX to look for, hope my next game won't crash this time :)

EDIT 2 :
I'm looking to a subtitle still in jap, that I didn't find (just before down this lift of this issue if you have in mind this RDX it's when Chris said "What ? He's here" when He's seeing Wesker's detector's the first time in antartic).
And I notice the ps2 version don't use VWF is a constant like we did for each letter width ^^ Finally I did a good job at least this time.

Last edited:

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
rm_9120.rdx is the frozen coridor that conects to save room you operate the power mains. and that go to tiger room. yes that was problematic for use in real hardware fixed on 7/5/20. rm_9130.rdx was ok. i didnt edit that again. if you want some rdx from me download the updated gdi or cdi. all of the problematic ones are fixed for good

@fafadou the map with camera detectors as you said is rm_9100.rdx. ps2 do have VWF see in the sles_ file thats the ps2 main executable just like the 1st_read.bin is for dc

Last edited:

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
RM_9120.RDX is fixed for french too :)
Yesterday I had an other freeze due to pointer text in other RDX.

Come on each step bring us a little more to end.

Reactions: truemaster

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
@truemaster
Gdemu builder is looking for testers with the new FW.
I believe you have yours since some years ago, it would probably good for him if you want to be a volunteer.

And we'll be sure about RECV(X) issue.

As you wish.

Reactions: truemaster

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
i have request the bootloader updater since yesterday. looks like i wont be a lucky tester:confused: im called retrogamer in gdemu treat. thanks anyway one way or another all gdemu users will have the bootloader update soon

Make a donation