Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

the unreleased resident evil code veronica x for dc

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
hello guys most of you know about project already. but most of you have abandoned the AG. im here to tell you that huge fixes have come the resent days all thanks to @fafadou @Pitito. now moded or not is a licensed game and im not alowed to post it here. keep tuned on the AG the final release is in the corner

cvx mods. (original cv is not supported by this)
RESIDENT EVIL CODE VERONICA X ONLY
WIDESCREEN HEX PATCH
1ST_READ.BIN or track03.bin
Code:
Find
C8A60200 A245963F 6436148C 6836148C
Replace
C8A60200 7368613F 6436148C 6836148C
first person
requiring to replace the 1st_read.bin to both discs if you you need help with that just ask
english
removed because of bugs curently is work in proggress
france
removed because of bugs curently is work in proggress

Last edited:

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
and its done for english. thanks goes to assemblergames comunity (you know who you are)

Reactions: darcagn

Alastor

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jul 11, 2019
AGName
Alastor
AG Join Date
Jun 11, 2012
Thanks for the heads-up, I really appreciate the effort. Looking forward to play this on my Dreamcast.

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Hi @truemaster :) I don't know if you are still around here.
My laptop came back from repair. After a long break I can take over the RECVX french version.

I'm focosing on system.afs, What files from french version I must patch please ?

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
hi im here @fafadou nice to hear from you. take the system.afs from my gdi you know where to take it;) then i thing you need to inject the you died screen text. extract your french system.afs (you need file_2) the using universal pvr extractor extract the pvrs its file05.pvr that you need to inject to my system.afs the letters symbols numbers font is already ok on my afs. i will be here so ask anything you like

Reactions: fafadou

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Hi, thanks for helping me to finish the french version. Ok I'm looking to import the "you died screen" and I the font in the file 2 of system.afs.
And after that I tried to do the same with the ADV.AFS :)
Finally I will come back for the subtitles on .RDX files and the documents.
But In first I want to finish those AFS.

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
if you exract system.afs to files, there are lot of small files some are the same between original and complete but there are some difrerent as well between original and complete. (and are not language things, they are weapons pvrs) the right way will be to take the system.afs from mine upload and inject the you died screen. from the french version. and that will be all with system.afs. and remember system.afs is one for both disks. for item.afs you need 2 corections take the item.afs from mine upload (note that this afs is different between disks) then extract mine afs then your france.afs i dont remember but i thing the biger file has the commands pvr (equip-combine etc) that is language specific and you need to inject yours to mine. and the final fix for this afs is the documents the very first document is the playing manual the first page is file_161 the second page is file_162 and so on. mine is already on english so you can undreastand where a document begins and where that ends. when i first exchange those pvrs to english ones from japanese i needed to beat the game with all files colected and count how many pages a file has for the english language cause no way to undreastand by looking the japanese pvrs.

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Thanks you very much, yeah the better thing to do is to inject french files in your version.

Have you finally keep the horizontal arrow issue ? (If I remeber it's over the next caracter).
I try to open the FONT in order to patch it with photoshop but this file in particular can't be open... But it's openable with a PVR viewer.

Here the font :

I don't know if you were able to open patch and save it with some of your tool...

Last edited:

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
that font looks the default france font. what problem with arrow you have? post a screenshoot

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Yes it is, I can't repack it.
It's just a very little issue, I will show you since I can :)

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
my system.afs has the the european source font inside. i will be ok with any language (exept japanese)in use. no need to modify the standar france font. use my system.afs and inject the you died screen file_005.pvr from your france afs to mine and that will be all with system.afs

Last edited:

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
I have a new small request dear truemaster the "tiger bug" is still here with the last version of dreamshell isoloader...
I'm looking for a save as close as possible to the issue. Do you have one ?
I have a list of saves here :

Perhaps you have a better one or may you could advise me about the best to choose in this list ?
It's for transfered to the dreamshell programmer.

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
this issue also happens with gdemu. it has nothing to do with the modifications weve done to the game. it happens on all regions of this game. for gdemu i know a fix is coming for dreamshell ask @megavolt85 he knows about dreamshell beter than me. also im still waiting for a screenshot with your texts and arrows for the issue youve said

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
I asked @megavolt85 for this issue but like all dreamcast masters he has a lot of things to do :)

I'm still fighting with demul, I can't run jap and US games and I don't know why, I'll try to choose NTSC video and jap and US zone. But it still crash, I try to resinstal it many times, change all options... I don't know what I did wrong...
Nulldc needs some visual C++ 2010 plug in but there are not available, I didn't find them.

I can't do some screencapture actually :-(

megavolt85

DreamShell Developer
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
www.dc-swat.ru
AGName
megavolt85
AG Join Date
I gave all my free time to the port of Hydra Castle Labyrinth
Current port is a misunderstanding completely not adapted to Dreamcast

• Love

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Yeah I lovely see your screenshots, it's fabulous.

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
to demul region and broadcast set to auto. or use the france ip bin and enable the vga flag. and dont mix cd1 ip with cd 2

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
No version of resicent evil run on my demul, but with chankast (even if I have to create .nrg instead a .gdi with demul...) I finally did it.

I tried to patch the font. I'll send you the new screencapture later.
With your version of RECVX there is no subtitles, there are managed by rdx files ?

I hope I will finish the AFS quicky now and move on subtitles and documents :)

Reactions: truemaster

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
ah now i see. for demul you cant use .nrg use daemon tools mount the selfboot.nrg and select the emulated bd rom drive in demul to read games. demul is far more accurate than chancast and nulldc. for the issue you have i think you already know this but the spacing isnt perfect not only the arrows but some texts as well have characters with with either small or big space not as big space as before patching but the spacing is not equal just like the original pal versions. the reason is the pal-us 1st.bins have a function that calculate the space on every character near the other resulting in perfect equal spacing. i cant think now the proper word of this function. jap bin however does not have this fuction or it need modifications i dont know. but editing the font sounds wrong i suspect other abnormalities with text will come if you try reposisioning the characters. do you remember in usa bin the area that change the spacing? that area is also on jap bin but doesnt respont to any modifications i dont know if perfect spacing is gona work on jap bin. but isnt that bad the way they are also. about subtitles you ask the subtitles are in text inside rdx along with enviromental texts togerther. the english version does not have subtitles during dialogs. every other languge do have

Make a donation