Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

the unreleased resident evil code veronica x for dc

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
I patch the FONT, the format is not very used so I can't edited with a image editor and I had to understand how it works in hex :-( even if I had some help from dreamshell forum (thanks to them) :
But it's patched, I can just do a translation but the result looks good. I can have a look in other symbol if it needs
fleche-ok.png

Here the FONT patch for this arrow :

I try to patch the 1ST_READ.BIN but we have seen it's not good enough, the area in 1ST_READ.BIN is huge and the jap ahve a very little one than other versions it's impossible to do a simple copy/paste. We have only constant spacement for each character. It's why I patch the FONT directly because we can edit the sysmes.ald and adjust spaces if it's necessary. But for arrow it's good.
A lot of work but just a little patch, for me it's not necessary for you to do a new release.

Reactions: truemaster

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
oh good work:) patching symbols i think its ok. but texts have issues too and patching alphabetical letters will fix here and break there. here some screenshots of mine with texts. if the spacing become perfect i will release a ppf patch or similar to corect my curent release. i have upload in replayers. the only bad thing i hear is gdemu related issues. but we forget someone maybe @Pitito have an idea about the small spacing issues and possible ways to fix them.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: fafadou

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
The patch can't correct the letters, because the size is still 16 pixels as we defined in 1ST_READ.BIN with the hex patch 0x41 80 00 00. Editing the FONT can only move inside the 16 pixels width...
It can improve symbols values but not the characters as you said "patching alphabetical letters will fix here and break there"...
But the o is not centered in the FONT. And if you have last symbols to patch.

I don't know if @Pitito has finished the spanish version, I have no news...

Pitito

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
My version is being tested from beginning to end and I have no problems with the spaces, only with the arrow that overlaps a bit. Maybe you use that fixed source or leave it as is, it is not a very serious problem.

The USA font must have another spacing between characters, you may correct it by entering the USA font

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
hi @Pitito nice to hear from you. well i cant say i have a big problem that requires imidiate fixing. i have made before some time a font just like you did, taking an english font and add to empty bottom half the symbols from the kazenbam. the font is working all characters-symbols but is not very good little spacing at best and most of the time characters overlap. thats because the us-pal english characters are more fat compare to a non english font, and the latter is way better, sure uneven spacing some times but no overlap. i cant say its very serious but if there is a way to make things better no matter if the font is english or non english then why not

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Welcome back @Pitito :)
I can't use the US font because there is no accent and others french symbol, but yes the US FONT is more centered :
BgkSjie.jpg

Here the european one :
W7IgWEH.jpg

And finally my version with the arrow patch :
font_patch.png
The size and format are the same, I guess it's possible to add the european letters next to the USA FONT.

@truemaster and @Pitito I have a last issue with the main title, I remeber you had it before dear @truemaster :
bug_écran_titre.png
I can open the pvr text file only playing with the color format, and I can't edit it because like the FONT I can open it only with a viewer.
How have you move the trial edition and capcom LTD ?
bug_écran_titre_pvrs.png
The palette is not the same either, but not a problem.

Next request for you @truemaster, I didn't find the pictures for ITEMS menu during the game, where are they please ?

Last edited:

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
oh wait something is not right your main menu is dissorted and if you use this font as in your screenshot you gona miss symbols. see how both will look like i also took a screenshoot with a complete font based on usa-pal english font. the only thing i havent done to both my fonts for now is the arrow fix. for the main menu you need to locate it on my adv.afs. but i dont remember how i did it. what pictures you want with items

Attachments

• complete font rest of europe.png
    complete font rest of europe.png
    127 KB · Views: 0
  • complete font us-pal english characters.png
    complete font us-pal english characters.png
    126.9 KB · Views: 0
  • main menu.png
    main menu.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Pitito

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
@truemaster The USA and Pal sources are slightly different, if you look at the spacing of "m" "n" "o" you'll see that the USA sources have different spacing, while the PAL are more focused

@fafadou You must edit the original texture of the menu to inject a language

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
yes i have notice it. exept the extra characters the rest of europe font has what looks the same with english one is not exacly the same. not only the m n o but others as well. the rest of europe font result to better texting regarding spacing that a english one. almost perfect. but way better

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
@truemaster Could you share please the both complete font ? I can patch the arrow for european.
So which font gives the better result ?

@Pitito how have you edit and inject texture for langage in mainscreen pvr ? I can't open them with any editor...

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
ok man sure i can. although i dont think the english complete will do for you, even for me isnt good. ironicly for an english game isnt it? for both of us the english one will have bad spacing overlaping characters and for you the english one doesnt have some alphabetical characters that rest of europe version use. if you ask me how i make it i obtain the rest of europe from @Pitito system.afs then with hexeditor i put the english characters to top half and leaving untouch the bottom half.

english complete
rest of europe complete

Pitito

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
Here textures

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
For using the us font you have to replace the VWF too.

@Pitito : the AG forum is now down could you please explain me again how can I patch, the rdx files for text and subtiles ?

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
i will give it a try when have time. is not that bad with the rest of europe complete font. so no need to rush. but my memory doent serve me well. when you can show me a screenshot on what offset is the vwf i thing there are 2 areas on 1st need modification. for files you need to extract item.afs with afs util then the start page is file_161 if you extract its pvr with swat tool the file_161 you will see the picture within pvr viewer. for rdx you need to uncompress it first using rps decompressor and after editing it compress it back with puyo tools using as compress method rps. when you ready for rdx load them in hex edit and show me screenshots. its gona be difficult for the beginers (i had hard time espacially on those without free space uppon the original texts you will see what i meen) but after make a couple of those you will make them fast without problems

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Ok thanks @truemaster :)

@Pitito you share a complete pvr pack, I still have a palette issue but you must had the same. So I'll try to finish by mylself, with the help of your pack.
In french version, some things weren't translated ans I guess it was the same for spanish. And you have all translate now.
Very good job :)

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
additional information for the documents i was in hurry last night my way was with windows paint and paint net i will show and screenshots too. open windows paint, and set the new image diameter you want 512 horizontial 512 vertical. after set the diameter save as bitmap 16 bit colors you will get a warning about quality ignore it and save. then use paint net to black the image paint net is a very quick way to black an image, the windows paint is taking ages. then time to go back to windows paint and entering texts to bitmap image. for the texts you need to extract them from your sysmes.ald you need a table of characters .tbl (ask pitito if he have this file) and windhex. after having the texts ready saved in txt notepad start injecting them in the bitmap with windows paint. you can also adjust the position. after finish convert it pvr and witn hex editor patch the correct file file_xxx here the detailed screenshots. (thats my way there maybe better ways)

Attachments

• converting to pvr.png
    converting to pvr.png
    739.5 KB · Views: 0
  • entering palete.png
    entering palete.png
    729.6 KB · Views: 0
  • entering the texts.png
    entering the texts.png
    640.5 KB · Views: 0
  • painting the whole file black.png
    painting the whole file black.png
    776.9 KB · Views: 0
  • prepare to enter text1.png
    prepare to enter text1.png
    649.2 KB · Views: 0
  • saving the corect format.png
    saving the corect format.png
  • seting diameters.png
    seting diameters.png
  • starting values to copy.png
    starting values to copy.png
    711.8 KB · Views: 0
  • starting values to paste.png
    starting values to paste.png
    719.2 KB · Views: 0

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
file_161 of the extracted item.afs is the first page of playing manual. file_162 is the second and so on. after youve done a bmp and your ready for next page simply load the used bmp to paint net and black it, and use the re black bmp to continue editing the texts of next page. the hex editor part is the same, you add the palete (pvp) and pvr as in my example screenshoots. also i had time and mess with the english complete font i found the areas in 1st that change vwf i can open the spaces in the texts during gameplay but the font has bad spacing it self. i can fix the overlaping but those having big space will have even bigger after fixing overlapping and it will be ugly. the european complete as font has better spacing, and that is reflected in the game as well.

Make a donation