Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

the unreleased resident evil code veronica x for dc

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
your mistake was youve try to corect the existing alpha layer. the only thing ive done to your existing alpha layers was to extract it and see the texts (hell i dont know francais). then i extract mine, convert it bmp black out all the english texts exept those that match your original. and using the black mine to write down the francais texts from your alpha layer using windows painting and as characters font times new roman while trying to keep allighment (i meen the staring of the texts and spaces to be as close to original) then convert bmp to pvr and injext it to adv.afs. i would be easier to inject it to coresponding extracted file (the file_3) but your afs woudnt extract. the bmp ive create to fix your main menu is included to the fix adv ive provide to you feel free to play with that. your screenshoot is showing the pointers whey will be always different between languages_versions. although those you highlight arent the ones for the texts. the poitner to text is for fra.1 98 5e 01 (start of the texts) c0 72 01 (the end of the texts). if you invert these values for the text starting pointer 98 5e 01 to 01 5e 98 and use this inverted value as address search it will take you to start of the texts and the same thing for the value to end of texts to find the end of the texts. also lets call this rdx type 1:) (lot of free space on the upper area of the bigining of the texts and all type 1 rdx are easy just a replacement of text and edit on the start pointer on the texts also this is rm_0000.rdx right? this rdx has videos that meens subtitles, your original subtitles are caped at 50 hz you need to make them 60 hz compatible. although i dont know how to do that) but dont try multiple fixes at once your fixing the files right? finish one thing at the time

Last edited:
Reactions: fafadou

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
I just want to have the maximum infos in order to bother you as less as possible. (EDIT as less as possible of course I'm sorry hope you didn't see that ^^)
But you're right, one thing at a time, it avoids mistake :)

May the better way for rdx is to take the texts from ps2 version. There are packed in an AFS, but it's not a big deal. I'll be sure about 60hz and to have to RECVX extras dialogue.
EDIT : the text area are the same, simply from ps2 I will have extras scenes. Ok I'll see that later for 60Hz.

lot of free space on the upper area of the bigining of the texts and all type 1 rdx are easy just a replacement of text and edit on the start pointer on the texts.

For example with jap.1, I can start to inject text at 0x15798 ? Replacing the 0x00 area before adress of pointer 0x15E98 ? It's really a good new ! That optimize datas and have less pointers to change. Depend of rdx of course but it's good.
Time for me to try if I understand well, and go on ?

Thanks to time to redraw all the menus, and explain to me the clever method you used. I'm grateful.

Last edited:

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
ps2 version is 50hz too i do own it and i know. ive played gamecube version some years ago and i think is 50hz too.
when replacing texts to all type1 rdx make sure you change the exact same bytes, use as meny 00 on the top of original japanese text the france text needs. if your hex editor has warning about byte size change do have it enable its very easy to to make mistake and replace more or less bytes and that will result to no working rdx

Last edited:

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
ps2 version is 50hz too i do own it and i know. ive played gamecube version some years ago and i think is 50hz too.
I had a look in japanese_cake 60hz patch data too, and I notice no difference too, all versions have the same. When we did the RECVX version with US 1ST_READ.BIN, I never notice a shift with subtitles... hope you are wrong but let's see this later.

the first RDX is unfortunately not a type 1, I try many things but I have still a black screen, for me the seconde pointer is the issue.
If you can have a look, I left the text at the same place (i.e. 0x15E98 ). I have the same issue when I positioning the text on address 0x15798

If not I'll be focus on type 1 only for now, and I have not finish the document yet, so don't worry I have a lot of things to do before to be focus on this issue ^^

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
rm_0000.rdx is type 1 look close. ive seen inside your rdx you have change its structure completly by injecting the texts inproper. trash this rdx, and use a clean one. replace the japanese text bottom to up without change the the secondary offset (end of text start of new file) only the start of the text pointer need to be edited. thats valid for type 1 only

Attachments

• end of texts.png
    end of texts.png
    204 KB · Views: 0
  • start of texts.png
    start of texts.png
    191.3 KB · Views: 0
  • top poiners.png
    top poiners.png
    153.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
I wish you a good health and for your familly.

In France all compagnies and shops are closing because of virus. So hope you all are well.

I've seen you have done an update @truemaster it's great :)

I could only go on just a few, but I still can't patch the first rdx. The size of the file increase because i have a lot of texts to inject.
Your last advice don't work too.

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
for a first time media created a confusion that suits the coronavirus threat. at first when i heard it id say not again confusion for a little thing but it turns out big deal. back to the chase if the text realy dont fit it needs to be treated as type 2. but let me see it first i have a japan 0000rdx. all i need is a france original rdx upload it and i will look at it

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Here :

fra.1 and jap.1 french text to jap version as type 2 method.

Reactions: truemaster

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
well yeah it wont fit and it needs full redo. type2 here some basic steps
thats not all steps this rdx needs but its a start to undreastand how this works it wont be difficult to continue

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Hi just for giving news about my progress, I finally finish documents, I focused to rdx files. I follow your instructions carefully but it's not well yet. I must miss some pointer.
Hope there will be a lot of type 1 because there is a lot of risk to miss a pointer with type 2.

I have just notice a very minor issue with my version :
There is no item selected and it's writen the first document name. It's the very beginning of the game at the end of intro when we have to select the lightbrigther. I check in the sysmes.ald and there is only one pointer for "Manuel du jeu". But may you can avoid this ?
recvx.png

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
for type 2 there are more than those instruction make sure you follow all pointers. some are take you to others pointers as well. sure its difficult for starters but you will get it. the missing picture is because your using original item.afs you need the kazenban but you have to extract the commands pvr from original item.afs (equip combine use check) and inject the pvr for commands to kazenban one i dont remember the file_number but i think its the big one in size

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
I tried with all version of item.afs and I have the same result. Strange.

I'm sorry to request your help anew time, hope I will be able to do all by myself after that. I still have a black screen...
The file is jap_patch could you show me please what pointers I missed to patch ?
I guess pointers before the text adress don't have to be patch.
For help I join french and jap original version of RM_0000.RDX

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
im 100% sure the missing playing manual picture while is in the items. is because of wrong item.afs. try using the kazenban original or mine. for rdx follow all the poinerts and check-verify the pointing location, according to untouched japan rdx. every one is different there is one pointer that goes to 00 area and some bytes later to a new pointer propably you miss that

Last edited:

Pitito

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
For the game manual, it's not a pointer, that's because you use the original texture from the French version.
The full version has one more item, which is the manual, and that is why it is not shown, because you are using the original version texture

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Thanks for helping me both :)

I have to find the manual texture in the 145 file of item.afs, you right if I use the truemaster ITEM.AFS :
recvx.png

I'll open the decompress RDX file with IDA, hope it will be more easier for me to find pointers.

Reactions: Pitito

Pitito

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
I have already released the patch for CD 1 of the Spanish version.
Fully tested, and many texts of the original translation corrected.

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Oh great @Pitito :-D Congratulations

Here my patch adding the document pvr :)recvx.png
Full french version

I notice some minor changes between X and french version, there is an X in more and profile of characters are different like Chris and Steve have different haircut.
I'll try to import them.

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
you see @fafadou as i told you its item.afs the cause you didnt have the picture as an item. the haircuts and propably other changes not easily noticable are the rdxes. basicly you need to keep kazenban files that includes and the afses i had wrote what modifications needed for correct language. for rdx i know you have dificulties thats ok for starters i had problem too, but you will get it. just make sure you folow all of the poiners of the one you expand more in size because of the injection of the texts, and the untouched complete rdx. their pointers must point to same location after modify the pointers to one you put the texts also @Pitito rdxes are expanded too you can see in those rdx for tips @Pitito nice video-work(y) seeing that video of yours ive notice something. in opciones 1.26 i didnt put the x thing in the picture scroling in my release.(forgot) at least is not big deal.

Last edited:

Pitito

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
There are several things that can be overlooked.
First: Steve's selection image in battle mode, this is in the first RDX of battle mode
Second: Steve and Wesker's image of the end of Battle mode, both change according to the original version
Third: The item in Steve's photo, when you play with him, in the photo the hairstyle changes

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
I can't download the emuparadise iso... even with tempermonkey.
I have a white screen or it tells me it's not available.
I tryied to apply the delta patch on many format of kazenban version but it doesn't works, I can't seen the datas or play your version.
Is it possible to extract files from .xdelta ?

Make a donation