pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
You need the latest version of the Script, I think I remember that it is 1.2.2

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
the xdelata patch need to apply to corect version of the kazenban game to result to final spanish patch. ive seen in the patch file it needs the sefboot of DCCM group replayers.org have this. @Pitito yeah its easy to overlook and make mistake.
also some quotes from the read me

Agradecimientos para WESKER y RELEÓN, ellos se han encargado de testear y colaborar en ciertos aspectos de la traducción. :)
Agradecimientos para Truemaster (Versión inglesa) y a Fafadou (Versión francesa) por tener tanta información de localización de archivos, y en los que me ha servido de mucha ayuda.
Agradecimientos a YZB, por su ayuda en algunos aspectos de hacking, en lo que yo no he podido localizar.

i cant undreastand spanish but propably say about the team names that help about this game.

well we all did!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pitito

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Yeah it's a good news :)

I success to patch DCCM your version @Pitito I'm just trying it :) and it's a very good job !
Please Do you know where I can patch it because I have still EXIT in english ? @truemaster tells me it's in 1ST_READ but I don't find it yet...
recvx.png

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
good now that you have this you can try see in rm_0000.rdx. for english the text was fitting:) the space uppon original texts was enough. but france text isnt fit. well propably spanish texts didnt fit also, so if @Pitito has expand the rdx maybe it can fit your text now. about the exit on files. i think its in 1st i havent modify this, so thats a guess

Reactions: fafadou

Pitito

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
I seem to remember that "SALIDA" is in some texture of item.afs

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Ok I'm looking for it :)
Do you know where I can find the that mention @truemaster1 in "opciones 1.26" of your video ? i wish to add the picture scrolling with the x in the background. for me it's not a @truemaster forgot, it's you @Pitito who add edit it because even if I didn't check in jap version I will be very surprise there is a huge X in menu. It's a very polish version you have @Pitito :)

@Pitito I'm surprising you find some translation errors in spanish because the french version is translated at a very high level, I saw during the documents adds in RECVX comparing to english version.

I'm still in the dead end with picture format with this RECVX because I can't extract colors and I'm note sure yet if I want to change Steve picture...
:recvx.png

For Steve I want to keep the RECV version because it's an exclusive dreamcast model. Not sure but in my memories the Steve's hands are very ugly cubic, if it's the same with RECVX, I'll keep RECV steve model with short haircut.

Thanks to you all, I can patch my first RDX file ! :) I have to try it with a true console in order to check the synchro subtitles during FMV.
I'm surprise because my RM_000.RDX size is around 3.8Mo that yours is around 1.6Mo ? Where it comes from please ?

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
yeah its @Pitito that make those new pictures with X from other console port to compatible dc pvr format. and also i learn from him how to english patch the game. i had some of his afs before, but i totaly miss the picures scroling with X. small detailes are easy to miss. now if i have to guess the pIctures scrolling that shown x is in adv.afs in one of the files inside. but propably you cant just take the whole extracted file_? as is cause is optimized for spanish. you have to find the corect file_? that have the picture, extract its pvr find the correct for this and import the pvr and palete to the correct france extracted file_? well cant say that i had mess with the character pictures you shown but heres how mine is. you say @Pitito rm_0000.rdx is 1.6mb and yours is 3.8? is this comparison is size both in uncompressed state or both in compressed state? if yes its interesting

Attachments

• Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (551).png
    Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (551).png
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (552).png
    Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (552).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (553).png
    Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (553).png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
It's the same with RM_0010.RDX I have the double size of yours... My rdx is bigger than the uncompressed data...

You asked me to download puyo tools, may I have to use them ?

Last edited:

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
yes after modify it in uncompress state, use puyo tools to compress it back using as compresion method rps. about the pictures in meny that show the X i have present for you its indeed in adv.afs

Attachments

• Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (555).png
    Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (555).png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Love

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Great work ! the scrolling is beautiful on both version :)
So please what file is in ADV.AFS ?

@truemaster ok I'll use puyo tools for compressing many thanks.

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
i didnt extract the adv.afs this time. i extract the pvrs from hole adv its the file_009.pvr. but please verify it first i did it in a hurry.

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
I can patch the options background :)

I try my game on a true console and I effectively there is a synchro problem with subtitle during FMV, but for it's good for me ingame.

@Pitito how have you patch your spanish version for subtitle please ?

Pitito

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
As you can see in the image, you can observe the beginning of a dialogue, just before that dialogue you have a time code, in this case it is
C2 01.
Captura de pantalla (17).png

You have these codes both at the beginning and at the end of each sentence that appears on the FMV screen.
You must adjust them, either by looking at the Jap or my version.
It is convenient that you use dmul and a hex editor, load the dmul ram and look for the dialog when you are viewing the FMV, DMUL pauses, and edit ram codes, so you can see the results instantly

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Everything will be complicate with this game...
I try to use puyo tools, I didn't find the rps format only prs the game crash if I use it on "file.1" uncompressed and patch from RDX...
But if I repack only with RDx compressor it's good.
Do I have the good format in puyo tool please ?
recvx.png

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
Thanks now I'm sure of format, I'll try again.

I think I have find the widescreen hex code. I'm curious to see the result :
I guess there will be no clipping, each area is loaded completely and ennemis too, we can see it in first person view :
RESIDENT EVIL CODE VERONICA X
WIDESCREEN HEX PATCH
1ST_READ.BIN or track03.bin
Code:
Find
C8A60200 A245963F 6436148C 6836148C
Replace
C8A60200 7368613F 6436148C 6836148C

Reactions: truemaster

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
i have a bad taste in my mouth regarding widescreen patches. maybe the code veronica has a good one. but no i like it original. along with other games not running at widescreen without hacking

fafadou

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
AGName
fafadou
I could have fun editing pvr textures, like for maps, but some format like this one makes me crazy ^^
I still don't understand how you can extract some pvr with colors in order to edit them.
But after some a lot of sweat buckets, here it is :
recvx.png

Thanks to you all for being so patient with me, I understand now how to repack the RDX correctly, I have edited the RM_0000.RDX synchro with jap version in order to compare with @Pitito one.
The most important think is I can go on, for this last big datas patch :)

Make a donation