Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Dreamcast The US unreleased version of Shenmue 2 Dreamcast, V0.991, is finally available (Sep 18, 2001 prototype)

Sega Dreamcast Info

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
The US unreleased version of Shenmue 2 Dreamcast, V0.991, is finally available (Sep 18, 2001 prototype)

Two debug menu are present. They allow many things like teleporting to the place of our choice or choosing the scene to see.

Some differences are present.The translation from Japanese to English is not finished.

Shenmue is much more than a game, it's one of those rare gems that contribute to take players to a new stage of video games. For the first time, the player was immersed in a universe that seemed to be parallel to ours.

I loved exploring this prototype version, especially for a magical title like Shenmue.

We want Shenmue 4 !!!

Today, we celebrate the 20th anniversary of the European release of Shenmue 2 on Dreamcast. I pay tribute to this game with this release.

Americans finally get the localization of Shenmue 2, 20 years later.

The article below will explain in detail how to use the debug menu, you will find videos (map test, debug etc) and the history of the development of Shenmue :

Debug Menu Shenmue 2 Dreamcast (pour release).jpg

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
No fucking way! Pardon my language but the excitement over this is amazing! I can't believe this was actually a real thing sitting somewhere for all of these years and nobody knew about it! Lets hope it gets fully finished by the modding community since we have the Xbox speech mod already, plus the PAL release we can port files from to complete it!

Thank you so much for this! You always deliver!

RLJA42

Registered
Jun 7, 2019
Thank you so much! That's incredibly generous.

I've actually never played the series in general but hope to one day for the story and NPCs alone.

ItsMeMario

Registered
Jun 2, 2019
I got my dreamcast many moons after its release. Maybe too late.

Only once I played Shenmue 1. Maybe for some hours. The world felt different to all the other games out there. The world felt...I dont know.

For unknown reasons I stopped playing. But I never forgot those feelings.

Its rare, that games like this affect me in this way... :)

Maybe I will start it again...